Communities and Locations in The Town
- Fey Mill – A hamlet in the south central part of the town.
- Fish Creek – (1) A hamlet near the northeast town line. (2) A stream flowing out the south part of Lewis.
- Fish Creek Reservoir – A reservoir south of Swancott Mill.
- Freeman Mill – A hamlet northwest of Parson Mill.
- Parson Mill – A hamlet west of Fey Mill on County Road 46.
- Prussian Settlement – A location west of West Leyden on County Road 46 at the intersection of Kirk Road. This location is marked by a few houses and a cemetery.
- Sunset Corners – A location in the north central part of the town, north of Freeman Mill.
- Swancott Mill – A hamlet on County Road 46 west of Freeman Mill.
- Swancott Hill State Forest – A state forest tract by the south town line, south of Swancott Mill.
- West Leyden – A hamlet in the eastern part of the town on NY-26 near its intersection with NY-294 and County Roads 46 and 47.
Read more about this topic: Lewis, Lewis County, New York
Other articles related to "communities and locations in the town, town, the town":
... Batten Kill – A river that defines the south town line ... Cossayuna Lake – A lake on the north town line ... Its eastern shore defines part of the town's northern border ...
Famous quotes containing the words town and/or communities:
“Keep the town for occasions, but the habits should be formed in retirement.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“I am convinced, that if all men were to live as simply as I then did, thieving and robbery would be unknown. These take place only in communities where some have got more than is sufficient while others have not enough.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)