Lavant

Lavant (in Latin Lavantina) was a prince-bishopric, suffragan of the Prince-archbishop of Salzburg, then in the southern part of imperial Austria's Styria. Later the area was re-assigned to presentday Slovenia. It became the Slovenian bishopric of Maribor, a suffragan of the Archbishop of Ljubljana, on 5 March 1962. On 7 April 2006 the diocese was elevated to the Archdiocese of Maribor.

Read more about Lavant:  History, Present Statistics

Other articles related to "lavant":

Lavant, Tyrol - Main Sights
... The Saint Ulrich Pilgrimage Church at Lavant dates from the seventeenth century, and includes a tower, west gate, and choir preserved from Gothic period ...
Lavant Railway Station
... Lavant Railway Station served the village group of Lavant in the county of West Sussex in England ...
Lavant (river)
... The Lavant (Slovene Labotnica) is a left tributary of the Drava in the Austrian state of Carinthia ... The name Lavant stems from the Pre-Celtic period, meaning "shining river" in Indo-European ...
Lavant (disambiguation)
... Lavant was a bishopric, suffragan of the Prince-archbishop of Salzburg ... Lavant may also refer to Lavant, Tyrol - a municipality in the district of Lienz, East Tyrol, in the upper Drautal valley in Austria ... Lavant, West Sussex - a village in West Sussex, England the Lavant railway station serving that village the River Lavant, West Sussex - the winterbourne after which the village ...
Midhurst Railways - The Chichester Line
... There were three stations, Lavant, Singleton, and Cocking ... The freight services to Cocking and Singleton were withdrawn on 28 August 1953 but Lavant lasted until closed to general goods on 3 August 1968 and sugar beet ... The line was cut back before Lavant station to serve gravel workings from 1972 but this was in turn withdrawn finally in 1991 ...