The Kortrijk University Campus is located in the Hoog-Kortrijk area, in the 'Etienne Sabbelaan'. The campus consists of several buildings, which are all connected with the 'Spina'.
- The Spina is a 120-metre-long volume which connects all faculties.
- Building A
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences
- Campus Library
- Student Administration
- Central hal
- Faculty of Science
- 'Impulscentrum voor Onderwijsvernieuwing'
- Building B
- Faculty Business and Economics
- Postacademic Education (PAV)
- Welcome Desk
- Building C
- Faculty Educational Science (Onderwijskunde)
- Interdisciplinary Research Centrum
- Building D (2005)
- Educational Sciences
- Building E
- Students centre
- Students House with restaurant, 'Fakkot'...
Read more about this topic: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven Campus Kortrijk
Other articles related to "buildings, building":
... Most buildings in the commercial district, as well as many homes, feature stylistic interpretations of the timber-framed buildings found in the Franconia region of Germany ... timbers in "square" and "X" patterns on the outside of buildings, as well as the use of "X" patterns on windows, doors, and other building features ... The concept of building with this unique Bavarian architecture came from an architect, Ed Beech, who was working for William "Tiny" Zehnder on a remodeling job of the ...
... The buildings of the campus were designed by internationally renowned Modernist architect Paul Rudolph beginning in the early 1960s, to distinguish the campus ... The building architecture is similar to that of the Boston Government Service Center ... Rudolph made both the exterior and interior of each building of rough concrete (béton brut), an essential element of the style known as Brutalism, and he endowed buildings ...
... station and hotel that was damaged in this attack but its main building remained in use until demolished in the 1960s during the building of the Victoria line ... The original westbound platform buildings remain on the opposite side of Holloway Road, as does a small part of the original entrance to the left of the present station entrance ... A red plaque mounted on a building wall overlooking the roundabout, commemorates this event ...
... Ewyas Harold, possibly on the site of earlier wooden monastic buildings of which no traces remain ... Construction of buildings in local sandstone began around 1175, and continued through the time of the first three abbots, Adam (1186-c.1216), Adam II (c.1216-1236), and Stephen of ... and additional chapels, a processional ambulatory, and domestic buildings including a chapter house were added ...
Famous quotes containing the word buildings:
“The desert is a natural extension of the inner silence of the body. If humanitys language, technology, and buildings are an extension of its constructive faculties, the desert alone is an extension of its capacity for absence, the ideal schema of humanitys disappearance.”
—Jean Baudrillard (b. 1929)
“The American who has been confined, in his own country, to the sight of buildings designed after foreign models, is surprised on entering York Minster or St. Peters at Rome, by the feeling that these structures are imitations also,faint copies of an invisible archetype.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)