- Edgar Allan Poe: A Study in Genius (1926)
- The Modern Temper (1929)
- Experience and Art: Some Aspects of the Esthetics of Literature (1932)
- Samuel Johnson (1944)
- Henry David Thoreau (1948)
- The Twelve Seasons (1949)
- The Desert Year (1951)
- The Best of Two Worlds (1953)
- The Measure of Man (1954)
- The Voice of the Desert (1954)
- The Great Chain of Life (1956)
- The Grand Canyon: Today and All Its Yesterdays (1957)
- "The sportsman or the predator? A damnable pleasure" The Saturday Review (17 August 1957): 8-10, 39-40. Concerning "killing for sport."
- Human Nature and the Human Condition (1959)
- The Forgotten Peninsula (1961)
- The World of Animals; A treasury of lore and literature by great writers and naturalists from the 5th century B.C. to the present (1961)
- More Lives Than One (1962)
- And Even If You Do; Essays on Man, Manners and Machines (1967)
- The Scarlet Letter Rap (2011)
- The Best Nature Writing of Joseph Wood Krutch (anthology, University of Utah Press, 1995; ISBN 0-87480-480-9)
Read more about this topic: Joseph Wood Krutch
Other articles related to "works, work":
... was a prolific artist, producing over 4,000 original works in his lifetime ... Most of his works are either in public collections, or have been destroyed in fire or other misfortunes ... Scouts of America), were only slightly overshadowed by his most popular of calendar works the "Four Seasons" illustrations for Brown Bigelow that were published for 17 years ...
... The titles of many Baroque works make mention of the continuo section, such as J ... modern performances, is harpsichord and cello for instrumental works and secular vocal works, such as operas, and organ for sacred music ... In addition, the mere composition of certain works seems to require certain kind of instruments (for instance, Vivaldi's Stabat Mater seems to require an organ ...
... Krasicki's major works won European fame and were translated into Latin, French, German, Italian, Russian, Czech, Croatian, Slovene, Hungarian ... The broad reception of his works was sustained throughout the 19th century ... Krasicki has been the subject of works by poets of the Polish Enlightenment – Stanisław Trembecki, Franciszek Zabłocki, Wojciech Mier – and in the 20th ...
1809 Wanda, 1810 Die Weihe der Unkraft, 1813, a recantation of his earlier work Martin Luther Kunigunde die Heilige, 1815 Geistliche Übungen für drei Tage, 1818 Die Mutter der Makkabäer, 1820 Zacharias ...
... The Works Progress Administration (renamed during 1939 as the Works Project Administration WPA) was the largest and most ambitious New Deal agency, employing millions of unskilled workers to carry out public works ... and state histories, artists painted murals and other works for new federal post offices and other buildings ...
Famous quotes containing the word works:
“Great works constructed there in natures spite
For scholars and for poets after us,
Thoughts long knitted into a single thought,
A dance-like glory that those walls begot.”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)
“Evil is something you recognise immediately you see it: it works through charm.”
—Brian Masters (b. 1939)
“I divide all literary works into two categories: Those I like and those I dont like. No other criterion exists for me.”
—Anton Pavlovich Chekhov (18601904)