John Doherty may refer to:
- John Doherty (ABC) (?–2004), senior executive in the Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- John Doherty (first baseman) (born 1951), first baseman for the Angels, 1974–1975
- John Doherty (pitcher) (born 1967), pitcher for the Tigers and Red Sox, 1992–1996
- John Doherty (footballer) (1935–2007), English footballer who played for Manchester United F.C.
- John Doherty (politician), Solicitor-General for Ireland, 1827–1830
- John Doherty (musician) (1895–1980), Irish fiddler
- John Doherty (New York state senator) (1826–1859), New York politician
- John Doherty (trade unionist) (1798–1854), UK trade unionist in the 1830s
- John Joe Doherty, retired Irish sportsperson
- John Joseph Doherty (1919–1942), United States Navy officer awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross
Other articles related to "john doherty, doherty":
... John Doherty (1900 – January 26, 1980) was an Irish folk fiddler ... John Doherty was born in Ardara, County Donegal ... His father Mickey 'Mor' Doherty was a fiddler as were a number of his brothers and sisters ...
Famous quotes containing the word john:
“No such sermons have come to us here out of England, in late years, as those of this preacher,sermons to kings, and sermons to peasants, and sermons to all intermediate classes. It is in vain that John Bull, or any of his cousins, turns a deaf ear, and pretends not to hear them: nature will not soon be weary of repeating them. There are words less obviously true, more for the ages to hear, perhaps, but none so impossible for this age not to hear.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)