Notable Chess Games
- Johann Nepomuk Berger vs Jean Taubhausen, Hamburg 1885, 4th DSB Congress, Ruy Lopez, Morphy Defense, Tarrasch Variation, C77, 0-1 The best game prize !
- Jean Taubhausen vs Joseph Henry Blackburne, London 1886, French Defense, Classical Variation, C14, 1-0
- Jean Taubenhaus vs William Pollock, Nottingham 1886, King's Gambit Accepted, Allgaier Gambit, Thorold Attack, C39, 1-0
- Jean Taubenhaus vs Dawid Janowski, Paris 1903, match, Ruy Lopez, Closed, C87, ½–½
- Geza Maroczy vs Jean Taubenhaus, Monte Carlo 1903, R1 2/10, Ruy Lopez, Closed, Averbakh Variation, C87, 0-1
- Jean Taubenhaus vs Andrey Smorodsky, Sankt Petersburg 1914, Sicilian Defense, Classical Variation, B58, 1-0
Read more about this topic: Jean Taubenhaus
Other articles related to "notable chess games, games, game":
... Here is one of Browne's best games, a coruscating brilliancy against International Master Bernard Zuckerman ...
... Tallinn 1985, Spanish Game Morphy Defense, Fianchetto Defense Deferred (C76), 0-1 Andras Adorjan vs Tibor Karolyi Jr ...
Famous quotes containing the words games, notable and/or chess:
“The rules of drinking games are taken more serious than the rules of war.”
“a notable prince that was called King John;
And he ruled England with main and with might,
For he did great wrong, and maintained little right.”
—Unknown. King John and the Abbot of Canterbury (l. 24)
“The sailor is frankness, the landsman is finesse. Life is not a game with the sailor, demanding the long headno intricate game of chess where few moves are made in straight-forwardness and ends are attained by indirection, an oblique, tedious, barren game hardly worth that poor candle burnt out in playing it.”
—Herman Melville (18191891)