Jamila (Arabic: جميله ) is a popular given name in Arabic and in many other languages. It means "beautiful" (in feminine). Variants of the name are Gamila, Cemila, Cemile, Djemila, Jamillah, Djémila, Djamila and Jamyla).
Jamila is the feminine form of the masculine Jamil, Gamil (mainly in Egypt), Cemil (mainly in Turkey), Djemil, Djamel and Djémil (mainly in North African countries) and Djamil.
Notable people with the name include:
- Djamila Bouhired (born 1935), Algerian nationalist
- Jamila Abdallah Taha al-Shanti (born 1955), Palestinian politician
- Jamila Gavin (born 1941), British writer born in India
- Jamila Jemstone (born 1972), Nigerian singer
- Jamila Madeira (born 1975), Portuguese politician
- Jamila Massey (born 1934), Indian actress and writer
- Jamila M'Barek (born c. 1961), widow of Anthony Ashley-Cooper, 10th Earl of Shaftesbury and accomplice in his murder
- Jamila Mujahed, Afghan journalist
- Jamila Wideman (born 1975), American basketball player
- Yamila Diaz-Rahi (born 1976), Argentine model
- ((Jamila Tate)) (born 2001) Future Doctor/Lawyer
Characters with the name include:
- Jamila Inzamam, an EastEnders character
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|
Other articles related to "jamila":
... Jamila Inzamam, played by Sara Aisha Kent and Ali Inzamam played by Omar Kent, are the children of Inzamam Ahmed (Paul Bhattacharjee) and Fatima Inzamam, and nephew and niece of Inzamam's brother Masood Ahmed (Ni ... Unlike Inzamam and Ali, Jamila and Fatima are not creditied in this appearance ...
... Jamila Blake First appearance The Right Thing (31/12/96) Last appearance The Wrong Horse (28/1/99) Portrayed by Lolita Chakrabarti Information Occupation Police Officer Title Police Constable WPC Jamila ... Jamila was a 're-join', returning to the Met after an absence of three years ... of years of unstimulating work, however, she and her husband were drifting apart and Jamila decided to part company with both her husband and the business ...
... Jamila (English beautiful) is the name of a fashion doll marketed to children in the Middle East ... Muslim fashion doll Fulla, the 11.5 inch Jamila was launched by Simba Toys Middle East in October 2006 ...
... Starting off as a single but truly Arabic doll with dark-hair, thick eyebrows and brown eyes, Jamila was launched wearing the traditional black Abaya ... of items has increased not only by girl's accessories and doll's clothing, single items of the Jamila brand have also become available at other retail outlets ... as a self-confident, young Arabic woman with typical female fashion fads, Jamila now got married and also shows her caring attitude towards her family ...