- Jamalpur workshop is the only workshop in Indian Railways that has a captive Power house of 5 MVA
- The workshop has a number of FIRSTS in India to its credit., a few of which are:
- The First to manufacture a steam locomotive and a locomotive boiler – 216 of which were manufactured between 1899 and 1923.
- The First to have set up a rolling mill not only on the railways, but probably in the country in 1870. It had 3 mills, steam driven Power hammer, fish plate machine, billet shears, the mill was driven by steam from boilers placed on the top of the furnaces and heated by gas from the furnaces. It produced about 400 tons of rounds, channels, angles and fishplates per month.
- The First to establish a railway foundry in the year 1893.
- The First to manufacture a rail crane in the country with indigenous know-how in 1961.
- The First to manufacture high capacity electrical lifting jacks and ticket printing, ticket chopping, ticket slitting and ticket counting machines.
- The First and the only railway workshop to manufacture electrical arc furnaces of ½ tonne capacity in 1961 for production of steel castings.
- The First to established Signal Equipment shop, more popularly known as “Points and Crossing and Interlocking shop” was started in 1894. produced entire requirement of Interlocking frames of different sizes for EIR
- The First and only to manufacture 140 Tonne Diesel Break-down Cranes.
Read more about this topic: Jamalpur Locomotive Workshop
Other articles related to "achievements, achievement":
... The Gamerscore (G) is an achievements system that measures the number of Achievement points accumulated by a user with a LIVE profile ... These Achievement points are awarded for the completion of game-specific challenges, such as beating a level or amassing a specified number of wins against ... up to 1,000G spread over a variable number of Achievements, while each Xbox Live Arcade title contained 12 Achievements totaling 200G ...
... of Honour Three Orders of Lenin 1945 - "for outstanding achievements in the field of music and to honor the 70th anniversary of" 1950 - "for outstanding ...
... of intelligence, Cox coded records of childhood and adolescent achievements of 301 historic eminent leaders and creators to estimate what their IQs would have been on the basis of ... IQ estimates, and that those with higher IQs also exhibited more versatility in their achievements ... of nurture, or more specifically socio-economic and educational advantage, in the achievements of these historical greats ...
Famous quotes containing the word achievements:
“Like all writers, he measured the achievements of others by what they had accomplished, asking of them that they measure him by what he envisaged or planned.”
—Jorge Luis Borges (18991986)
“There are some achievements which are never done in the presence of those who hear of them. Catching salmon is one, and working all night is another.”
—Anthony Trollope (18151882)
“Freedom of enterprise was from the beginning not altogether a blessing. As the liberty to work or to starve, it spelled toil, insecurity, and fear for the vast majority of the population. If the individual were no longer compelled to prove himself on the market, as a free economic subject, the disappearance of this freedom would be one of the greatest achievements of civilization.”
—Herbert Marcuse (18981979)