There have been several IBM-compatible assemblers for special environments.
- Dignus LLC Systems/ASM is an HLASM-compatible assembler that can run natively on IBM systems or as a cross-assembler.
- Freeware PC/370, written by Don Higgins, was later purchased by Micro Focus.
- z390 was an assembler and System 390 emulator written in Java.
- Penn State University authored a package called ASSIST, which included a System 370 assembler and interpreter.
- Tachyon Software LLC markets the Tachyon Assembler Workbench which runs on Windows, Linux/x86, Linux for S/390 and zSeries, AIX and Solaris.
Read more about this topic: IBM Basic Assembly Language
Main Site Subjects