Hurrungane (also written Hurrungene, Hurrungadn, Horungane) is a mountain range in the municipalities Luster and Årdal in Sogn og Fjordane, Norway. The area is southwest in the larger mountain range Jotunheimen and is also part of Jotunheimen National Park.
The range has some of the most alpine peaks in Norway, and has 24 peaks over 2,000 metres (6,600 ft) (counting peaks with larger prominence than 30 metres / 98 feet). Several of the peaks are only accessible through climbing or glacier crossings. The starting point for hiking is the village of Turtagrø along the national tourist road, Sognefjellsvegen (RV55).
The highest peaks in the area are
- Store Skagastølstinden (Storen): 2,405 metres / 7,890 feet
- Store Styggedalstinden: 2,387 metres / 7,831 feet
- Jervvasstind (Gjertvasstind): 2,351 metres / 7,713 feet
- Sentraltind: 2,348 metres / 7,703 feet
- Vetle Skagastølstind: 2,340 metres / 7,680 feet
- Midtre Skagastølstind: 2,284 metres / 7,493 feet
- Skagastølsnebbet: 2,222 metres / 7,290 feet
- Store Austanbotntind: 2,202 metres / 7,224 feet
Read more about Hurrungane: Name
Other articles related to "hurrungane":
... Hurrungane is the finite plural of a word hurrung ... Hurrungen, the finite singular of the same word, is the names of two mountains in Rauma and Skjåk ...
... Stølsnostinden 640 ... Årdal 1517 IV "Hurrungane" 5450 61°23′46″N 8°4′13″E / 61.39611°N 8.07028°E / 61.39611 8.07028 128 Søre Dyrhaugstinden 60 ... Luster / Årdal ...