Honors and Awards
- In 1996, Winkler was selected to be the Class Day speaker at Yale University, an honor accorded to distinguished Yale alumni.
- On August 3, 2008, Winkler was chosen to be the guest conductor at the Boston Pops by the Sea Concert in Hyannis, Massachusetts.
- On August 19, 2008, Milwaukeeans paid homage to their hometown hero and unveiled a life-sized, bronze statue of Fonzie along the Milwaukee Riverwalk.
- On March 29, 2010, Winkler was presented the key to the City of Winnipeg for his contributions to education and literacy.
- Golden Globe Awards
- (1976) Won - Best Actor - Television Series Musical or Comedy/Happy Days
- (1977) Won - Best Actor - Television Series Musical or Comedy/Happy Days
- (1978) Nominated - Best Actor - Motion Picture Drama/Heroes
- (1983) Nominated - Best Actor - Motion Picture Musical or Comedy/Night Shift
- Daytime Emmy Award
- (1985) Won - Outstanding Children's Special - CBS Schoolbreak Special: All the Kids Do It
- (2005) Won - Outstanding Performer in an Animated Program - Clifford's Puppy Days
- Primetime Emmy Awards
- (1976) Nominated - Outstanding Lead Actor - Comedy Series / Happy Days
- (1977) Nominated - Outstanding Lead Actor - Comedy Series / Happy Days
- (1978) Nominated - Outstanding Lead Actor - Comedy Series / Happy Days
- (1979) Nominated - Outstanding Informational Program / Who Are the DeBolts? And Where Did They Get Nineteen Kids?
- (1997) Nominated - Outstanding Guest Actor - Drama Series / The Practice (as Henry Olson)
- Note - In 2000, Winkler had received an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy for an appearance on the short-lived series Battery Park, but the nomination was later withdrawn when it was pointed out later that the episode had aired after the Emmy's May 31 deadline.
In September 2011, Winkler was made an honorary Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) "for services to children with special educational needs and dyslexia in the UK."
Read more about this topic: Henry Winkler
Other articles related to "honors, honors and awards, award, and awards, awards":
... The WKU Honors College became the first and only Honors College in the Commonwealth of Kentucky on July 1, 2007 ... The Honors College serves over 1,000 active Honors students with the 2009 incoming freshman class ACT/SAT average ranking among the top 6% in the nation ...
... Tehran, 2006–2007 USC or School/Dept Award for Teaching, Political Science Award for Outstanding Classroom Teaching and Dedication to Students, 1997–1998 USC Raubenheimer Outstanding Junior Faculty Award ...
... has amassed several NBA and franchise records and awards during his NBA career ... NBA’s Defensive Player of the Year Award, becoming the first player in league history to have won the award in three consecutive seasons ...
Famous quotes containing the words honors and and/or honors:
“My hearts subdued
Even to the very quality of my lord.
I saw Othellos visage in his mind,
And to his honors and his valiant parts
Did I my soul and fortunes consecrate.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)
“Justice shines in very smoky homes, and honors the righteous; but the gold-spangled mansions where the hands are unclean she leaves with eyes averted.”
—Aeschylus (525456 B.C.)