- Tragoedia, for flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, horn, harp and string quartet (1965)
- Down by the Greenwood Side, A Dramatic Pastoral (1968–69)
- The Triumph of Time (1971), orchestra
- Grimethorpe Aria (1973), brass band
- Silbury Air (1976–77), chamber orchestra
- Bow Down (1977), chamber opera
- Secret Theatre, for chamber ensemble (1984)
- Yan Tan Tethera, A Mechanical Pastoral, chamber opera (1986)
- Earth Dances (1986), orchestra
- Antiphonies (1992), piano and orchestra
- Panic (1995), alto saxophone, jazz drum kit and orchestra
- Pulse Shadows (9 Movements for string quartet interleaved with 9 Settings of Celan) (1989–96)
- The Axe Manual, for piano and percussion (2000)
- Theseus Game, for large ensemble with two conductors (2002)
- The Io Passion (2004), chamber opera
- The Corridor (2009), scena for two singers and ensemble
- Angel Fighter (2010), dramatic cantata
- Concerto for Violin and Orchestra (2009–10)
- In Broken Images (2011), for ensemble (after the antiphonal music of Gabrieli)
- The Moth Requiem (2012), for twelve female voices, three harps and flute
Other articles related to "works, other works, work":
... Krasicki's major works won European fame and were translated into Latin, French, German, Italian, Russian, Czech, Croatian, Slovene, Hungarian ... The broad reception of his works was sustained throughout the 19th century ... Krasicki has been the subject of works by poets of the Polish Enlightenment – Stanisław Trembecki, Franciszek Zabłocki, Wojciech Mier – and in the 20th century, by ...
... In addition to writing the scripts for a handful of television episodes over the years—including, in 2005, two episodes of the ESPN series Tilt—Block co-wrote the screenplay for My Blueberry Nights, a 2007 film directed by Wong Kar-wai and starring Norah Jones ... Block is an alumnus of the Ragdale Foundation. ...
... Fruits) was published under his name as well, but this work had actually been written by a convert to Protestantism from Eastern Orthodox Christianity ...
... Die Weihe der Unkraft, 1813, a recantation of his earlier work Martin Luther Kunigunde die Heilige, 1815 Geistliche Übungen für drei Tage, 1818 ...
Famous quotes containing the word works:
“Its an old trick now, God knows, but it works every time. At the very moment women start to expand their place in the world, scientific studies deliver compelling reasons for them to stay home.”
—Mary Kay Blakely (20th century)
“That mans best works should be such bungling imitations of Natures infinite perfection, matters not much; but that he should make himself an imitation, this is the fact which Nature moans over, and deprecates beseechingly. Be spontaneous, be truthful, be free, and thus be individuals! is the song she sings through warbling birds, and whispering pines, and roaring waves, and screeching winds.”
—Lydia M. Child (18021880)