The Former Brewery
|Minneapolis Brewing Company|
|U.S. National Register of Historic Places|
|The former brewery building in Northeast, Minneapolis|
|Location:||Jct. of Marshall St. and 13th Ave. NE.
|Coordinates:||45°0′0″N 93°16′13″W / 45°N 93.27028°W / 45; -93.27028Coordinates: 45°0′0″N 93°16′13″W / 45°N 93.27028°W / 45; -93.27028|
|Architect:||William L. Lehle; Frederick W. Wolff|
|Added to NRHP:||June 21, 1990|
The former brewery building in Northeast, Minneapolis, located north of Broadway Street Northeast on the east bank of the Mississippi River, is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The building was renovated and redeveloped by Ryan Companies and is now home to multiple tenants. The contributing structures include the brewhouse, now home to RSP Architects; the power station (also known as the Boiler House); the Wagon Shed and Shops (also known as the Gasthaus), now home to the Pierre Bottineau Branch of Hennepin County Library; the Grain Belt Office; the Bottlehouse, including the 1969 addition, which is now home to many artists studios; the 1910 Warehouse, including its 1949 and 1957 additions, but not its 1964 addition, which has been developed into office and light industrial space; and a railroad spur. The Keg House is also part of the complex, but not part of the Registered Historic Place entry. The renovation has won the National Preservation Award from the American Institute of Architects. The area forms an anchor to the Northeast Minneapolis Arts District, including many members of the Northeast Minneapolis Arts Association. The 1964 addition to the warehouse will be demolished as part of the development of Sheridan Memorial Park.
Read more about this topic: Grain Belt (beer)