- Kuruba Gowda is the second largest community in Karnataka, People of this community use Gowda as a surname.
- Golla (caste) community is popularly portrayed as using the Gowda name in the legendary folklore poem 'Dharani Mandala Madhyadolage' (In the middle of the Earth..), which is a poem known to all Kannadigas since childhood, where in the cowherd boy is called Golla Gowda. But it is said that the Gowda word used in that poem was to emphasize the Golla since Gowda was a word with pride.
- Parts of Kolar and their family head is sometimes called Gowda.
- Lingayat community in North Karnataka uses Gowda as surname, it is the largest community in Karnataka.
- Devanga community in Chitradurga, Davangere uses Gowda as surname, it is grouped as Backward Caste under Group 3A in the reservation category.
- Gowda Saraswat Brahmin is an other community which also use Gowda surname, which are found to be rare. They are Brahmins.
- Kodagu Gowdas are the major ethnic group in the Kodagu and Sullia of Dakshina Kannada.
- Kumbara Gowda is an other important caste group of Karnataka.
Read more about this topic: Gowda
Other articles related to "facts, fact":
Facts usually refers to the usage as a plural noun of fact, an incontrovertible truth. Facts may also refer to:
- Carroll, Lewis, who wrote a poem called "Facts"
- FACTS (newspaper), program produced by Asia Television in Hong Kong
- Flexible AC transmission system, abbreviated FACTS
- Newdow, Michael, the leader of the church "First Amendment Church of True Science", which has the acronym FACTS
- Fact - Fact in Data Warehousing
- FACTS (newspaper) - was a weekly magazine from Switzerland, appearing in the publishing house Tamedia
- Facts (convention) - a comic, scifi and anime festival in Belgium
... The town's railway station is Marwar Bagra and is on the Samdari-Bhildi section of North Western Railway ... The Railway Board proposes to convert this meter gauge route to broad gauge in near future ...
... Facts regarding imperialism of the island are dispersed throughout the narrative, as well as facts about slavery in Jamaica and Jamaican folklore ... that the protagonists are generally unaware of these facts, which often serve to reveal the brutal nature of both slavery and imperialism ...
... This is simply random facts about a certain aspect of football (e.g ... The different volumes of facts are organised with Roman Numerals e.g ... In typical Soccer AM fashion nothing is taken seriously and the last fact on Trev's list of facts is arguable, biased, or funny (e.g ...
Famous quotes containing the word facts:
“My facts shall be falsehoods to the common sense. I would so state facts that they shall be significant, shall be myths or mythologic. Facts which the mind perceived, thoughts which the body thoughtwith these I deal.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“The effectiveness of our memory banks is determined not by the total number of facts we take in, but the number we wish to reject.”
—Jon Wynne-Tyson (b. 1924)
“Neither moral relations nor the moral law can swing in vacuo. Their only habitat can be a mind which feels them; and no world composed of merely physical facts can possibly be a world to which ethical propositions apply.”
—William James (18421910)