Mailman runs on GNU/Linux and most Unix-like systems, and requires Python 2.1.3 or newer. It works with Unix style mail servers such as Postfix, Sendmail and qmail.
- A Web browser interface for list administration, archiving of messages, spam filtering.
- A customizable home page for each mailing list.
- Integrated bounce detection and automatic handling of bouncing addresses.
- Integrated spam filters
- Majordomo-style email based commands.
- Multiple list owners and moderators.
- Per-list privacy features, such as closed-subscriptions, private archives, private membership rosters, and sender-based posting rules.
- Support for virtual domains.
- Web based subscribing and unsubscribing. Users can temporarily disable their accounts, select email digest modes, hide their email addresses from other members, etc.
- Mailing list archiver (Pipermail, the name is visible in the URLs) inside the mailing list manager.
Read more about this topic: GNU Mailman
Other articles related to "features":
... Considerable speculation has surrounded the possible adaptive value of other physical features characteristic of groups, such as the constellation of facial ... that environmental selective pressures shaped specific physical features will be difficult, since such features may have resulted from sexual selection for individuals with certain appearances or ...
... At common compression ratios, up to about 501, Fractal compression provides similar results to DCT-based algorithms such as JPEG ... At high compression ratios fractal compression may offer superior quality ...
... Makers of XLIFF tools have supported different sets of features in the XLIFF 1.2 Specification ... By compiling a list of these features the XLIFF TC hopes to identify areas where the XLIFF 2.0 Specification can be improved to enable toolmakers to more ...
... PDP-11 had several uniquely innovative features, and was easier to program than its predecessors with its use of general registers ... Design features of the PDP-11 influenced the design of microprocessors such as the Motorola 68000 design features of its operating systems, as well as other operating systems ... took advantage of several low-level PDP-11–dependent programming features, albeit not originally by design ...
Famous quotes containing the word features:
“The features of our face are hardly more than gestures which force of habit made permanent. Nature, like the destruction of Pompeii, like the metamorphosis of a nymph into a tree, has arrested us in an accustomed movement.”
—Marcel Proust (18711922)
“Each reader discovers for himself that, with respect to the simpler features of nature, succeeding poets have done little else than copy his similes.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“It looks as if
Some pallid thing had squashed its features flat
And its eyes shut with overeagerness
To see what people found so interesting
In one another, and had gone to sleep
Of its own stupid lack of understanding,
Or broken its white neck of mushroom stuff
Short off, and died against the windowpane.”
—Robert Frost (18741963)