Selected Works in English
- Major Trends in Jewish Mysticism, 1941
- Jewish Gnosticism, Merkabah Mysticism, and the Talmudic Tradition, 1960
- Arendt and Scholem, "Eichmann in Jerusalem: Exchange of Letters between Gershom Scholem and Hannah Arendt", in Encounter, 22/1, 1964
- The Messianic Idea in Judaism and other Essays on Jewish Spirituality, trans. 1971
- Sabbatai Sevi: The Mystical Messiah, 1973
- From Berlin to Jerusalem: Memories of My Youth, trans. Harry Zohn, 1980.
- Kabbalah, Meridian 1974, Plume Books 1987 reissue: ISBN 0-452-01007-1
- Walter Benjamin: the Story of a Friendship, trans. Harry Zohn. New York: Schocken Books, 1981.
- Origins of the Kabbalah, JPS, 1987 reissue: ISBN 0-691-02047-7
- On the Mystical Shape of the Godhead: Basic Concepts in the Kabbalah, 1997
- The Fullness of Time: Poems, trans. Richard Sieburth
- On Jews and Judaism in Crisis: Selected Essays
- On the Kabbalah and Its Symbolism
- Tselem: The Representation of the Astral Body, trans. Scott J. Thompson 1987
- Zohar — The Book of Splendor: Basic Readings from the Kabbalah, ed.
Read more about this topic: Gershom Scholem
Famous quotes containing the words english, selected and/or works:
“You might sooner get lightning out of incense smoke than true action or passion out of your modern English religion.”
—John Ruskin (18191900)
“There is no reason why parents who work hard at a job to support a family, who nurture children during the hours at home, and who have searched for and selected the best [daycare] arrangement possible for their children need to feel anxious and guilty. It almost seems as if our culture wants parents to experience these negative feelings.”
—Gwen Morgan (20th century)
“Any balance we achieve between adult and parental identities, between childrens and our own needs, works only for a timebecause, as one father says, Its a new ball game just about every week. So we are always in the process of learning to be parents.”
—Joan Sheingold Ditzion, Dennie, and Palmer Wolf. Ourselves and Our Children, by Boston Womens Health Book Collective, ch. 2 (1978)