- William Penn Charter School was founded by Penn in 1689, and claims to be the oldest Quaker school in the nation, although it is not affiliated with any Quaker meeting, is not a sectarian institution and is not a member of the Friends School League, the Greater Philadelphia area's association of Quaker preparatory schools.
- Girard College (a primary and secondary educational institution) was endowed by French-American merchant, mariner and banker, Stephen Girard, opening its doors to disadvantaged youth in 1848.
- Springside Chestnut Hill Academy, (formerly Springside School and Chestnut Hill Academy, respectively) an phenomenal school with "Green Ribbon" worthy facilities, state-of-the-art technology programs, award-winning teachers, classes that teach everything needed for future jobs, excellent sports teams, and students who are proud to go to SCH Academy.
- Friends Select School, a Quaker school grades PK-12, under the care of Central Philadelphia Monthly Meeting and the Monthly Meeting of Friends of Philadelphia
- Germantown Friends School, a Quaker school grades PK-12, school under the care of Germantown Monthly Meeting
- Greene Street Friend School, a Quaker school grades PK-8, school under the care of Green Street Monthly Meeting
- Frankford Friends School, a Quaker school grades PK-8, under the care of Frankford Monthly Meeting
- Philadelphia Free School, a Sudbury school PK-12
- Philadelphia Mennonite High School, a Mennonite high school in the Fairmount neighborhood
- Unionville Preparatory School, a college preparatory school for girls and boys
Read more about this topic: Friends School League
Other articles related to "schools, private schools, school, private, private school":
... The AAA organizes its member schools by 3-year average daily membership (ADM) in grades 10-12 every two years ... Since 2006, the schools have been organized as follows ... Class 7A (16 largest schools) Class 6A (next 16 largest schools) Class 5A (next 32 largest schools) Class 4A (next 48 largest schools that sponsor football ("football schools"), as well as all non-footbal ...
... Plaines) and Northridge Prep for boys (Niles) are independent, Catholic junior and senior high schools for grades 6-12 Notre Dame Catholic High School for boys, Niles ...
... Cademuir International School, Thornhill. ...
... The Private Schools Athletic Association (PSAA) was formed in 1917 to fill a need for a secondary school sports league for the private schools in the New York metropolitan area ... Prior to the 1920s, New York City had the longest history with private schools leagues, beginning with the New York Interscholastic Athletic Association formed in 1879 ... twentieth century, leaving the city without a private league ...
... Vincent de Paul School, a K-8 Roman Catholic school operated by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston, is in the area ... Nicholas School Medical Center Campus, a K-8 private school, is in the area ... Saint Anne Catholic School, a K-8 Roman Catholic school operated by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston is in the area ...
Famous quotes containing the words schools and/or private:
“I lay my eternal curse on whomsoever shall now or at any time hereafter make schoolbooks of my works and make me hated as Shakespeare is hated. My plays were not designed as instruments of torture. All the schools that lust after them get this answer, and will never get any other.”
—George Bernard Shaw (18561950)
“I am opposed to writing about the private lives of living authors and psychoanalyzing them while they are alive. Criticism is getting all mixed up with a combination of the Junior F.B.I.- men, discards from Freud and Jung and a sort of Columnist peep- hole and missing laundry list school.... Every young English professor sees gold in them dirty sheets now. Imagine what they can do with the soiled sheets of four legal beds by the same writer and you can see why their tongues are slavering.”
—Ernest Hemingway (18991961)