Communities and Locations in Fine
- Aldrich – A hamlet south of Coffin Mills.
- Briggs – A hamlet near the west town line, west of Coffin Mills.
- Coffin Mills – A hamlet southwest of Oswegatchie village.
- Fine – The hamlet of Fine is in the northern part of the town by the east branch of the Oswegatchie River. It was originally known as "Smithville","Andersonville" and Sarahsburg from an early resident.
- Inlet – A location west of Wanakena.
- Jayville – A hamlet at the west town line, west of Briggs.
- Lower Oswegatchie – A hamlet on NY-3, located in east part of the town and north of Oswegatchie village.
- Oswegatchie – A hamlet on NY-3, located in eastern part of the town. This settlement grew to importance as a railroad community.
- Star Lake – A lake in the east part of the town.
- Star Lake – A hamlet located on the east town line and east of Star Lake on NY-3. Most of the community is in the Town of Clifton. Star Lake is also the location for the Clifton-Fine Central School District.
- Wanakena – A hamlet located on County Road 61 on an arm of Cranberry Lake in the southeastern part of the town. It is the location of the SUNY-ESF Ranger School.
Read more about this topic: Fine, New York
Famous quotes containing the words fine and/or communities:
“We have a great deal more kindness than is ever spoken. Maugre all the selfishness that chills like east winds the world, the whole human family is bathed with an element of love like a fine ether.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“His Majestys Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.”
—A.J. (Arthur James)