Below, the fascia lata is attached to all the prominent points around the knee-joint, viz., the condyles of the femur and tibia, and the head of the fibula.
On either side of the patella it is strengthened by transverse fibers from the lower parts of the Vasti, which are attached to and support this bone.
Of these the lateral are the stronger, and are continuous with the iliotibial band.
The deep surface of the fascia lata gives off two strong intermuscular septa, which are attached to the whole length of the linea aspera and its prolongations above and below; the lateral and stronger one, which extends from the insertion of the Gluteus maximus to the lateral condyle, separates the Vastus lateralis in front from the short head of the Biceps femoris behind, and gives partial origin to these muscles; the medial and thinner one separates the Vastus medialis from the Adductores and Pectineus.
Besides these there are numerous smaller septa, separating the individual muscles, and enclosing each in a distinct sheath.
Read more about this topic: Fascia Lata
Other articles related to "below":
Below can refer to any of the following:
- Ground (disambiguation)
- Bottom (disambiguation)
- Less than
- Temperatures below freezing
- Hell or underworld
People named Below include:
- Fred Below (1926–1988), American blues drummer
- Fritz von Below (1853–1918), World War I general
- Otto von Below (1857–1944), World War I general
- Nicolaus von Below (1907–1983), adjutant of Adolf Hitler
- Below Records, a record label
- Below Par Records, a record label
- The Great Below, a song by Nine Inch Nails
- Below (film), a 2002 film by David Twohy
|This page or section lists people with the surname Below, von Below. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|
... list4 = * ] * ]