The Starplayer TV, often simply referred to as TV, is a semi-hollow electric guitar, featuring a sustain-center-block, maple neck and arched back, as well as a laminated arched spruce top with a single f-hole on the left side. The standard version of the Starplayer TV is equipped with two pickups, the Domino P90 in the neck position and the Grand Vintage humbucker in the bridge position. Furthermore, the tremolo versions of the guitar use the Duesenberg Diamond Deluxe Tremola as designed by Dieter Gölsdorf. Depending on the version, every guitar has a certain finish on the top. Neck, sides and reverse of the headstock are usually finished in opaque black. Basic versions feature a black to grey burst finish on the back, decently showing the flamed maple. Most models have a simple cream binding on body and neck.
Over the years, the Starplayer TV has become the company’s most successful model within the range, which has resulted in several special versions and signature models:
- Starplayer TV
- Basic model, available in Black, Vintage White, 2-Tone Sunburst, Surf Green, Silver Sparkle, Blue Sparkle, Trans-Orange and Gold-Top.
- Starplayer TV Stoptailpiece
- Edition without a tremolo, available in Black and 2-Tone Sunburst.
- Starplayer TV Classic (Honey All Over)
- Special Edition featuring the Honey-All-Over finish. Unlike the basic versions, this model has a complete honey finish, including back, sides and neck. The fretboard has oval inlays and the body has a deluxe 5-layer binding as well as a custom black pickguard.
- Starplayer TV Rebound
- Special Edition in cooperation with German musician Wolfgang Niedecken and his Rebound Project, which aims to reintegrate former child soldiers and rape victims in the eastern Congolese town of Beni.
- The guitar features a Fireburst finish, a black pickguard, two toaster pickups and three crown inlays on the headstock. The Starplayer TV Rebound is also available without a tremolo.
- Starplayer TV Plus
- Includes a shiftable Piezo pickup in the bridge and a stainless steel pickguard. Available in Black and Vintage White.
- Starplayer TV Outlaw
- Features Skai Leather covering on body and headstock, as well as a nickel-plated pickguard.
- Starplayer TV Pearl
- Special Version featuring a Mother-of-Pearl mosaic on the guitars top and headstock, as well as a nickel plated pickguard. The Pearl series is available in Ice-, Blue- and Emerald-Green-Pearl.
- Starplayer TV Custom
- Featuring gold plated hardware, a five-layer binding on the body and three D-Tron Humbucker Pickups. The middle Pickup can be blended in in any position using the multi tone pot.
- Starplayer TV Mike Campbell
- Signature Edition for Mike Campbell on the occasion of the 30 year anniversary of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. The Starplayer TV Mike Campbell features a special blue and white Rally finish and a nickel plated pickguard with Mike Campbell’s lasered in signature.
- Rumour has it, before the version became the Mike Campbell signature, it was planned to be the Starplayer TV Shelby, referring to the paintwork of the legendary sportscar Shelby Cobra.
- Starplayer TV Chris Whitley
- Signature Edition for American musician Chris Whitley. The guitar features a special transparent red finish, a fretboard with custom Mother-of-Pearl block inlays and a Piezo pickup in the bridge.
- Starplayer TV Ron Wood
- Signature Edition for Rolling Stones member Ron Wood featuring a real Mother-of-Pearl mosaic overlay with a yellow finish on the guitars top and headstock. Also it is equipped with a nickel plated pickguard carrying Ron Wood’s lasered in signature.
- The Starplayer TV Ron Wood was limited to 100 instruments and quickly became a collector’s item. It was the predecessor of the current Pearl editions.
Read more about this topic: Duesenberg Guitars
Other articles related to "starplayer tv, starplayer":
... Starplayer TV See chapter Starplayer TV Starplayer III Re-issue of the original Starplayer guitar ... Whereas the Starplayer III is equipped with the same hardware as the Starplayer TV, in contrast it features a flat spruce top and flat maple back ... Configuration identical to the Starplayer TV ...