Dordrecht is well connected to the Dutch railroad system, and has several international connections. There are three railway stations; Dordrecht railway station, Zuid railway station and Stadspolders railway station. The train system hosts:
- South-West direction Roosendaal-and further (including international to Belgium)
- South-East direction Breda, Eindhoven
- North-West direction Rotterdam, The Hague, Amsterdam
- East direction Gorinchem, Geldermalsen
The four operating trainlines serve three railway stations within the city boundaries (Dordrecht, Dordrecht Zuid, Dordrecht Stadspolders)
- Frequent international trains to Antwerp and Brussels, Belgium
- Frequent services within the Netherlands:
- Intercity line to Rotterdam, The Hague, Leiden, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and Amsterdam (north-west)
- Intercity line to Roosendaal and on to Vlissingen (south west)
- Intercity line to Breda, Tilburg, Eindhoven, Helmond and Venlo (south east)
- Several semi-fast services and local trains originate or call at Dordrecht.
- Detailed information available from the site of the Nederlandse Spoorwegen (Dutch Railways)
- Arriva, the city bus company of Dordrecht, also serving Werkendam, and also operating the Kop van 't Land ferry on the way
- route 1: Rotterdam Willemskade – Krimpen aan den IJssel Stormpolder – Ridderkerk De Schans – Alblasserdam Kade – Dordrecht Merwekade
- route 2: Dordrecht Hooikade – Zwijndrecht Veerplein – Dordrecht Merwekade – Papendrecht Veerdam – Papendrecht Oosteind – Hollandse Biesbosch – Sliedrecht Middeldiep
Read more about this topic: Dordrecht
Other articles related to "public transport, public, transport":
... The ability to get additional sleep on the way to work is attractive to many commuters using public transport ...
... Public transportation in Lystrup and Aarhus is primarily by buses, but Lystrup also has a smaller train-station for the local train, that services the citizens ... All public transportation is provided by Århus Sporveje - the oldest and only municipal driven transport firm in the country ...
... Mérida has one of Venezuela's best public transit systems nevertheless, the system has become overwhelmed by increasing demand, and may be beginning to collapse ... by the municipal organization for metropolitan transport ... practice throughout the country, the public transport system has special fares for senior citizens, and a student pass providing some of the lowest costs in the country ...
... The light rail service is estimated to give an increase in the use of public transport from Fana, reducing both local and global pollution ... current road systems do not have capacity for further traffic growth, and any increase in public transport would need to be taken along the light-rail ... of the project argued that it is unfair that public transport be funded by car drivers through toll roads ...
Famous quotes containing the words transport and/or public:
“One may disavow and disclaim vices that surprise us, and whereto our passions transport us; but those which by long habits are rooted in a strong and ... powerful will are not subject to contradiction. Repentance is but a denying of our will, and an opposition of our fantasies.”
—Michel de Montaigne (15331592)
“The extreme limit of wisdomthats what the public calls madness.”
—Jean Cocteau (18891963)