Dent, Cumbria - The Parish

The Parish

The parish of Dent includes the whole of Dentdale and the side valley of Deepdale. In addition to the village of Dent settlements in the parish includes the hamlets of Lenacre, Gawthrop, Cowgill and Stone House.

Read more about this topic:  Dent, Cumbria

Other articles related to "the parish, parish":

Parish - ISKCON
... The parallel to the parish system in the International Society of Krishna Consciousness is the division of zonal areas by the Governing Body Commission ...
Ilfracombe
... Ilfracombe ( /ˈɪlfrəkuːm/) is a seaside resort and civil parish on the North Devon coast, England with a small harbour, surrounded by cliffs ... The parish stretches along the coast from 'The Coastguard Cottages' in Hele Bay toward the east and 4 miles along The Torrs to Lee Bay toward the west ... The resort is hilly and the highest point within the parish boundary is at 'Hore Down Gate', 2 miles inland and 860 feet (270 m) above sea level ...
Cwmyoy - The Parish
... The parish is nearly 8 miles long and 1 mile broad, and includes Llanthony as well as Cwmyoy itself ... English as the Fothock, which had been an exclave of Herefordshire, was transferred into the parish ...
St John The Baptist's Church, Crawley - The Parish
... The modern parish covered by the church is much larger than the ancient parish of Crawley ... There are five extant churches in the parish ... The church later gained its own parish, which was then absorbed by the parish of St John the Baptist ...
St. Kevin's Church, Camden Row, Dublin - The Parish
... After the Reformation the parish of St ... The parish was taken over by that of St ... Peter's when that parish was set up in 1680 ...

Famous quotes containing the word parish:

    My stardust melody, the memory of love’s refrain.
    —Mitchell Parish (1901–1993)

    When the deep purple falls over sleepy garden walls, and the stars begin to flicker in the sky,
    —Mitchell Parish (1901–1993)