- D-cycloserine, (1) an anti-biotic used to treat tuberculosis; (2) its partial NMDA agonist properties have been shown to facilitate the extinction of fear and the treatment of anxiety disorders.
- Decompression sickness, a variety of symptoms suffered by a person exposed to a reduction in the pressure surrounding their body
- Dendritic cells, a type of antigen presenting cell of immunologic function
- Dorsal Column Stimulator, an implantable medical device used to treat chronic pain of neurologic origin
- Damage control surgery, a form of surgery which is used in cases of severe trauma
Read more about this topic: DCS
Other articles related to "medicine":
... formerly validated BSc (Hons) degrees in acupuncture and MSc courses in traditional Chinese medicine that were carried out by the London College of Traditional Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, a private ...
... form of Lord Vishnu and "Vaidyanatha" meaning 'Lord of Medicine', a form of Lord Shiva are the patron deities of medicine ...
... circulatory system (West German Heart Centre Essen), oncology and transplantation medicine, with the department of bone marrow transplantation being the second-largest of its ...
... he did his clinical training in internal medicine and infectious diseases at UCLA School of Medicine (1978–1982) and Massachusetts General Hospital (1982–1985 ... He was a resident in internal medicine at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles in 1981 when he came into contact with some of the first reported cases of what was later identified ...
Famous quotes containing the word medicine:
“After you eat always take a walk, and youll never have to go to a medicine shop.”
“I hold it that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical.... It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government.”
—Thomas Jefferson (17431826)
“As there is a use in medicine for poisons, so the world cannot move without rogues.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)