- Department of Children's Services, the name used by some U.S. states for governmental departments dealing with the health, safety and welfare of minors. Other states refer to this type of department as Children & Family Services
- Deputy Chief of Staff (DCS), as in:
- Deputy Chief of the Air Staff
- Deputy Chief of the Defence Staff
- White House Deputy Chief of Staff
- Diplomatic Courier Service is the function responsible for protecting diplomatic pouches and material for the United States Department of State
- Defense Clandestine Service, an intelligence agency announced by the Pentagon in April 2012 aimed at expanding the military’s espionage efforts beyond war zones
- Directorate of Colonial Surveys, the United Kingdom's central survey and mapping organisation for British colonies and protectorates 1946-1957
Read more about this topic: DCS
Other articles related to "government":
... The austerity measures introduced by the government are in part an attempt to fulfill the Maastricht criteria ... Total government spending is high ... funding pressures and the general government debt which is of 81% of GDP (2010) ...
... whom Lelystad is named) was an ardent supporter, an engineer and later government minister, whose 1891 plan formed the basis for what were to become the Zuiderzee Works ... However, when Lely became Minister of Transport and Public Works in 1913, the government started working on official plans to enclose the Zuiderzee ... salt water inlet The Dienst der Zuiderzeewerken (Zuiderzee Works Department), the government body responsible for overseeing the construction and initial management, was set up in ...
... whereby the Prime Minister is the head of government, and of a multi-party system ... Executive power is exercised by the government ... Legislative power is vested in both the government and parliament ...
... Each operate their own municipal government, united they form one city government with its own constitution ... The city government also has a judicial branch based on the post-transitional judicial system as outlined by the High Representative's “High Judicial and Prosecutorial Councils” ... Local communities have a small role in city government and are intended as a way for ordinary citizens to get involved in city government ...
Famous quotes containing the word government:
“The newspapers, I perceive, devote some of their columns specially to politics or government without charge; and this, one would say, is all that saves it; but as I love literature and to some extent the truth also, I never read those columns at any rate. I do not wish to blunt my sense of right so much.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“The root of the problem is not so much that our people have lost confidence in government, but that government has demonstrated time and again its lack of confidence in the people.”
—Jimmy Carter (James Earl Carter, Jr.)
“Her wrongs are ... indissolubly linked with all undefended woe, all helpless suffering, and the plenitude of her rights will mean the final triumph of all right over might, the supremacy of the moral forces of reason and justice and love in the government of the nation. God hasten the day.”
—Anna Julia Cooper (18591964)