- Brian Cowen (born 1960), Irish Taoiseach, former Minister for Finance and Leader of the Fianna Fáil party
- Bernard Cowen (1932-1984), Irish politician and father of the above
- Elise Cowen (born 1933), American Beat poet
- Frederic Hymen Cowen (1852–1935), British pianist, conductor, and composer
- Joseph Cowen (1829–1900), English politician and journalist
- Lillie Cowen (born 1851), Jewish-Irish writer and Hebrew translator
- Robert Cowen (born 1930), Judge for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Scott Cowen, president of Tulane University
- Tyler Cowen (born 1962), American economist
- Zelman Cowen (1919-2011), former Governor-General of Australia
Read more about this topic: Cowen
Other articles related to "people":
... The population density was 3,208.8 people per square mile (1,238.9/km²) ... The Census reported that 64,044 people (99.7% of the population) lived in households, 97 (0.2%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 93 (0.1%) were institutionalized ... The population was spread out with 15,792 people (24.6%) under the age of 18, 5,574 people (8.7%) aged 18 to 24, 13,848 people (21.6%) aged 25 to 44, 21,414 people (33.3%) aged 45 to 64, and 7,606 people (11.8%) who ...
... Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said "I appeal to people to remain calm and maintain law and order ... People came from across Maharashtra for his funeral including the party's strongholds of Thane, Raigad, Pune, Aurangabad and Konkan regions ... Police said that 200,000 people walked alongside the hearse and were later joined by others on the way to the cremation site ...
... Further information List of people from Bitola Some notable people born in Bitola are Nikolce Noveski, footballer Karolina Gočeva, singer Hristijan Spirovski, pianist Janko Konstantinov, architect ...
... of the most well-known examples of the lengths people will go to in order to secure adequate water supplies ... been in crisis for quite some time because we're now 38 million people and not anymore 18 million people like we were in the late 60s ...
Famous quotes containing the word people:
“When people get old and pearls get yellow, neither are worth much.”
“There is an enormous chasm between the relatively rich and powerful people who make decisions in government, business, and finance and our poorer neighbors who must depend on these decisions to alleviate the problems caused by their lack of power and influence.”
—Jimmy Carter (James Earl Carter, Jr.)
“Animals are ever so psychic. There are some people who just cant come in here.... The cats particularly. They seem to know. You can fool everybody, but landy M deary-me, you cant fool a cat. They seem to know whos not right, if you know what I mean.”
—Dewitt Bodeen (19081988)