- Officeworks: Large office supplies network, stocking stationery, office and school supplies, computer hardware and software, and office furniture.
- Harris Technology: Computer hardware and software reseller with strong online presence, oriented towards corporate customers.
- Target: chain of discount department stores whose name and logo was originally purchased from Target Corporation by Myer Emporium Limited in 1968. Target Australia is otherwise not related to Target Corporation. Operates in some regional areas as "Target Country", smaller stores which were previously branded "Fosseys".
- On 15 April 2009 Coles sold the Pharmacy Direct business it had acquired in August 2006 to RX Direct Pty Ltd (a company owned by the Pharmacist Members of the Terry White Chemists Advisory Board). Pharmacy Direct dealt predominantly in products ordered online, via mail, or phone in Australia. With current Australian legislation preventing chains from operating pharmacies within supermarkets, Coles had acquired Pharmacy Direct in 2006 to establish a presence in this market.
- Coles Group was a partner with National Australia Bank in Loyalty Pacific, which operated the flybuys loyalty program until Coles purchased 100% of the program in 2011.
- Coles SuperCentres were planned to open from September 2007, with many sourced from either existing Pick 'n Pay Hypermarkets or former 'Super K' stores, which were divided in the 1990s into separate Coles and Kmart stores. However these plans were put on hold in March 2007 pending the sale of Coles Group. Then in August 2007, Wesfarmers CEO Richard Goyder said super centres would almost certainly not be part of the Wesfarmers approach after taking over Coles Group.
Coles Group Limited was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange with the code CGJ, which references back to its first ever registered company name of G.J. Coles & Coy Proprietary Limited. The company has in the past been listed on the NYSE (de-listed 6 January 2006), the New Zealand Stock Exchange (de-listed 1989) and The London Stock Exchange.
Other articles related to "brands, brand":
... After the company's dissolution in 2000, some Stroh brands were discontinued, while others were purchased by other breweries ... The Pabst Brewing Company acquired the most Stroh/Heilman brands ... Most other Stroh/Heileman brands disappeared after 2000 ...
... Svedka is a brand of vodka manufactured in Lidköping, Sweden and owned by New York-based Constellation Brands ... It is manufactured by the Swedish Farmer's Co-op (Lantmännen) by order of Constellation Brands ... Svedka was acquired by Constellation Brands in March 2007 for about US$384 million ...
Famous quotes containing the word brands:
“Helios makes all things right:
night brands and chokes
as if destruction broke
over furze and stone and crop.”
—Hilda Doolittle (18861961)
“Mistakes, scandals, and failures no longer signal catastrophe. The crucial thing is that they be made credible, and that the public be made aware of the efforts being expended in that direction. The marketing immunity of governments is similar to that of the major brands of washing powder.”
—Jean Baudrillard (b. 1929)