Codex Ephesinus, minuscule 71 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), ε 253 (von Soden), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment, illuminated, and elegantly written. It is dated by the colophon to 1160. In the 15th century the manuscript was prepared for liturgical use. The scribal errors are not numerous, but it has many textual divergences from the common text. The Greek text of the codex is a representative of the Byzantine text-type, but the textual character of the codex is disputed by scholars since the 19th century.
It has full marginalia with marks of the text's division, with liturgical notes and scholia. Only one leaf of the codex had lost.
The manuscript was brought to England in 1675 by Philip Traherne, English Chaplain at Smyrna, who made first collation of its text. The collation was corrected by Scrivener in 1845. It was called Codex Ephesinus, because of place of its origin.
It is currently housed in the library of the Lambeth Palace (528), at London.