Building and Infrastructure
Since becoming Mayor, Moore has been able to bring to completion the construction of several buildings and pieces of infrastructure.
- Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre (formerly "Ultimo Aquatic Centre") by Harry Seidler
- Surry Hills City of Sydney Library by FJMT (Francis-Jones Morehen Thorpe)
- Paddington Reservoir Gardens by TZG (Tonkin Zulaikha Greer)
- Redfern Park by BVN (Bligh Voller Nield)
- Rushcutters Bay grandstand and kiosk by Lacoste+Stevenson
- Pirrama Park in Pyrmont by ASPECT Studios
- Prince Alfred Park makeover near Central railway station by Rachel Neeson and Nick Murcutt.
- Burton Street Tabernacle (to become the new Tabernacle Theatre)
There are also:
- Parks throughout Glebe, Pyrmont, Surry Hills, Rosebery, Elizabeth Bay and St Peters
- The introduction of a system of cycleways for Sydney.
Other articles related to "building and infrastructure, building, buildings, building and":
... Commerce Centre (ICC), at 484 m (1,588 ft) high, was the tallest building in Hong Kong ... The tallest building prior to the ICC was the Two International Finance Centre (2 IFC), at 415 m (1,362 ft) high, completed in 2003 ... Prior to that, the tallest building in Hong Kong was the Central Plaza since 1992, with a height of 374 m (1,227 ft) ...
... In 2004, the long vacant Arizona Bank Building, an 11-story building completed in 1961 on a small quarter of a city square block, was in the process of being remodeled into ... In May 2005, Grace Communities announced the existing building would be razed and in its place a 34-story tower would be erected and named 44 Monroe, the site’s address ... In late September 2005, demolition of the Arizona Bank Building began ...
... Buildings include Castle Building, Weinberg Building, the I-Wing, the art building, and the Nangaku Building ...
... Built in 1969, it is Boston's 16th-tallest building, standing 500 feet (152 m) tall, and housing 40 floors ... It has been known as the New England Merchants Bank Building and the Bank of New England Building ... The building has a rectangular footprint which is then setback once near the top floor ...
Famous quotes containing the word building:
“Culture is a sham if it is only a sort of Gothic front put on an iron buildinglike Tower Bridgeor a classical front put on a steel framelike the Daily Telegraph building in Fleet Street. Culture, if it is to be a real thing and a holy thing, must be the product of what we actually do for a livingnot something added, like sugar on a pill.”
—Eric Gill (18821940)