Family of DeWitt Clinton
- Charles Clinton (1690–1773), French and Indian War colonel, father of James and George Clinton
- James Clinton (1733–1812), American Revolutionary War general, father of DeWitt Clinton, brother of George Clinton
- George Clinton (vice president) (1739–1812), first and third Governor of New York, fourth Vice President of the United States
- DeWitt Clinton (1769–1828), seventh and ninth governor of New York, son of James and nephew of George Clinton
- George Clinton (congressman) (1771–1809), son of the vice president
- George William Clinton (1807–1885), American politician—Buffalo, New York, son of Governor DeWitt Clinton
Read more about this topic: Clinton
Other articles related to "dewitt":
... "Charlie" DeWitt, Jr ... In 2004, DeWitt was inducted into the Louisiana Political Museum and Hall of Fame in Winnfield ... DeWitt was born to the late Mr ...
... DeWitt died at the age of eighty-three of pancreatic cancer in St ... In addition to his wife, he was survived by their daughter, Edith Sprague DeWitt Sandoz (born 1945) of Houston, Texas, formerly married to James Clyde "Jim" Wilkerson (1942–2007) and two grandchildren, James ... After his death, First Baptist dedicated its flag and flagpole in DeWitt's honor ...
... Alexander DeWitt (April 2, 1798 – January 13, 1879) was a 19th-century American politician from the state of Massachusetts ... Born in New Braintree, Massachusetts,DeWitt worked in textile manufacturing in Oxford, Massachusetts ... In federal politics, DeWitt was elected as a Free-Soil candidate to the United States Congress in 1853 ...
... Jamesville-DeWitt Central School District, headquartered in DeWitt, serves portions of the town ... School District, headquartered in the Town of Manlius, serves portions of the town of DeWitt ...
... Charles DeWitt is the name of Charles DeWitt (1727–1787), delegate to the Continental Congress of United States Charles G ... DeWitt (1789–1839), member of the United States House of Representatives from New York Charles W ... DeWitt, Jr ...
Famous quotes containing the words clinton, family and/or dewitt:
“[The health plan was] constructed to be deconstructed. [Instead,] it was described as an ultimatum by our opponents and therefore used to undermine the process of reaching agreement.”
—Hillary Rodham Clinton (b. 1947)
“A poem is like a person. Though it has a family tree, it is important not because of its ancestors but because of its individuality. The poem, like any human being, is something more than its most complete analysis. Like any human being, it gives a sense of unified individuality which no summary of its qualities can reproduce; and at the same time a sense of variety which is beyond satisfactory final analysis.”
—Donald Stauffer (b. 1930)
“You still whispered you would not die.
Yet in the nights I heard you cry
Like a whipped child;”
—William Dewitt Snodgrass (b. 1926)