As per order of the Delimitation Commission in respect of the delimitation of constituencies in West Bengal:
- The area under the Chandannagar municipal corporation and the Bhadreswar municipality will form the Chandannagar assembly constituency of West Bengal.
- The Champdani municipality will be part of the area defining the Champdani assembly constituency.
- Thirteen gram panchayats under the Singur block—Anandanagar, Bagdanga Chinamore, Baruipara Paltagarh, Beraberi, Bighati, Bainchipota, Bora, Borai Pahalampur, Gopalnagar, Mirzapur Bankipur, Nasibpur, Singur–I and Singur–II—will be part of the Singur assembly constituency.
- The other three gram panchayats under the Singur block, viz. Balarambati, Basubati and Kamarkundu Gopalnagar Daluigachha, along with the area under the Haripal block will form the area defining the Haripal assembly constituency.
- The Tarakeswar block and the municipal area under Tarakeswar will be part of the Tarakeswar assembly constituency.
- The Champdani constituency will be an assembly segment of the Sreerampur (Lok Sabha constituency).
- The constituencies of Singur and Chandannagar will be assembly segments of the Hooghly (Lok Sabha constituency).
- The constituencies of Haripal and Tarakeswar will be assembly segments of the Arambag (Lok Sabha constituency), which will be reserved for Scheduled castes (SC) candidates.
Read more about this topic: Chandannagore Subdivision
Other articles related to "legislative segments, segments":
Famous quotes containing the words segments and/or legislative:
“It is not, truly speaking, the labour that is divided; but the men: divided into mere segments of menbroken into small fragments and crumbs of life, so that all the little piece of intelligence that is left in a man is not enough to make a pin, or a nail, but exhausts itself in making the point of a pin or the head of a nail.”
—John Ruskin (18191900)
“I find it profoundly symbolic that I am appearing before a committee of fifteen men who will report to a legislative body of one hundred men because of a decision handed down by a court comprised of nine menon an issue that affects millions of women.... I have the feeling that if men could get pregnant, we wouldnt be struggling for this legislation. If men could get pregnant, maternity benefits would be as sacrosanct as the G.I. Bill.”
—Letty Cottin Pogrebin (20th century)