- October 27, 1975: Bruce Springsteen appears simultaneously on the covers of Newsweek and Time
- Polar Music Prize in 1997.
- Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, 1999.
- Inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame, 1999.
- Inducted into the New Jersey Hall of Fame, 2007.
- "Born to Run" named "The unofficial youth anthem of New Jersey" by the New Jersey state legislature; something Springsteen always found to be ironic, considering that the song "is about leaving New Jersey".
- The minor planet 23990, discovered September 4, 1999, by I. P. Griffin at Auckland, New Zealand, was officially named in his honor.
- Ranked No. 23 on Rolling Stone magazine's 2004 list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.
- Ranked No. 36 on Rolling Stone magazine's 2004 list of the 100 Greatest Singers Of All Time.
- Made Time magazine's 100 Most Influential People of the Year 2008 list.
- Won Critic's Choice Award for Best Song with "The Wrestler" in 2009.
- Performed at the Super Bowl XLIII half time show.
- Kennedy Center Honors, 2009.
- Rolling Stone magazine also ranked 8 out of 16 Springsteen's studio albums in their 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time list.
- Rolling Stone magazine ranked "Born to Run" and "Thunder Road" in its 500 Greatest Songs Of All Time list, in 21st and 86th, respectively.
- Forbes ranked him 6th in The Celebrity 100 in 2009
- John Steinbeck Award, 1996
- Devils & Dust Tour named Top Small Venue Tour of 2005 by Billboard Touring Awards
- Magic Tour named Top Tour and Top Draw of 2008 by Billboard Touring Awards
- Wrecking Ball Tour named Top Draw for most attendance for a tour at the 2012 Billboard Touring Awards
- Named 2013 MusiCares Person of the Year
Other articles related to "recognition, other recognition":
... of customary international law, when a government is recognized by another government, recognition is retroactive in effect, and validates all the actions and conduct of the government so ... In practice, they usually make no formal declarations regarding recognition ... several examples including a memorandum on US recognition policy and practice, dated 25 September 1981, which said that recognition would be implied by the US government's dealings with the new government ...
... Won - Alden Nowlan Award for excellence in English language literary arts, presented by the New Brunswick Arts Board in 2008 Won - National Magazine Award in Poetry in 2008. ...
... noted that "Melchizedek has apparently obtained some sort of recognition from some smaller states.. ... Claims that the DoM has received recognition from any major government are purely lies." ...
... Bambaataa organized the very first European hip hop tour ... Along with himself were rapper and graffiti artist Rammellzee, Zulu Nation DJ Grand Mixer DXT (formerly Grand Mixer D.St), B-boy and B-girl crews the Rock Steady Crew, and the Double Dutch Girls, as well as legendary graffiti artists Fab 5 Freddy, PHASE 2, Futura 2000, and Dondi ...
Famous quotes containing the word recognition:
“Design in art, is a recognition of the relation between various things, various elements in the creative flux. You cant invent a design. You recognise it, in the fourth dimension. That is, with your blood and your bones, as well as with your eyes.”
—D.H. (David Herbert)
“Justice begins with the recognition of the necessity of sharing. The oldest law is that which regulates it, and this is still the most important law today and, as such, has remained the basic concern of all movements which have at heart the community of human activities and of human existence in general.”
—Elias Canetti (b. 1905)