Pelz also took part in costume competitions and won several prizes at World and regional conventions, including
- Heavy Trooper (from The Dragon Masters by Jack Vance), Westercon, 1963 and again at Worldcon, 1968
- Fafhrd (with Ted Johnstone as the Gray Mouser and Dian as Ningauble of the Seven Eyes, from Fritz Leiber's Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser stories), Worldcon, 1963
- Gorice of Carce (from The Worm Ouroboros, with his first wife Dian as Lady Sriva), Westercon 1965 and again at Worldcon, 1970.
- The Fat Fury (from Herbie Popnecker comics, with Dian as Ticklepuss), Westercon, 1966
- Chun the Unavoidable (from The Dying Earth by Jack Vance), Worldcon, 1966
- Barquentine (from Titus Groan), Westercon, 1967
- Countess Gertrude (from Titus Groan by Mervyn Peake), Worldcon, 1968
- Nick van Rijn (from Poul Anderson's Polesotechnic League stories), Westercon, 1978
Read more about this topic: Bruce Pelz
Other articles related to "costume, costumes":
... and Fashion from the French Revolution until today (1937) Style in Costume (1949) Clothes (Pleasures of Life Series) (1953) Dandies (Pageant of History) (1968 ...
... LeMaire (1897–1985) was an American costume designer ... as a vaudeville performer, but he became a costume designer for such Broadway productions as Ziegfeld Follies and The Five O'Clock Girl ... Picture Arts and Sciences to institute a costume design Oscar ...
... Another very popular situation where costumes are employed are for sporting events, where people dressed as their team's representative mascot help the club or team rally round their team's cause ... Animal costumes which are visually very similar to mascot costumes are also popular among the members of the furry fandom where they are referred to as fursuits that match ones animal persona, or fursona ... Strap Velcro Waistline Yoke Zipper National costume Albanian dress Abaya Aboyne dress Áo bà ba Áo dài Áo tứ thân Batik Baro't saya Barong Tagalog Bunad Þjóðbúningurinn Cheongsam (Qípáo) Dashiki Deel ...
... characters, Buffy has been through many costume changes ... The main feature of her costume is the chest box, which is a display cabinet usually showing cakes behind perspex windows ...
... Barney (voice) - Bob West Barney (costume) - David Joyner/Carey Stinson Baby Bop (voice) - Julie Johnson Baby Bop (costume) - Jeff Ayers B.J ... (costume) - Jeff Brooks The Winkster - David Voss/Ashley Wood Barney understudy - Alan Bruce B.J ...
Famous quotes containing the word costume:
“Sleep takes off the costume of circumstance, arms us with terrible freedom, so that every will rushes to a deed.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“My neighbors tell me of their adventures with famous gentlemen and ladies, what notabilities they met at the dinner-table; but I am no more interested in such things than in the contents of the Daily Times. The interest and the conversation are about costume and manners chiefly; but a goose is a goose still, dress it as you will.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“His hair has the long jesuschrist look. He is wearing the costume clothes. But most of all, he now has a very tolerant and therefore withering attitude toward all those who are still struggling in the old activist political ways ... while he, with the help of psychedelic chemicals, is exploring the infinite regions of human consciousness.”
—Tom Wolfe (b. 1931)