There have been few video games created that focus on b-boying. The main deterrence for attempting to create games like these is the difficulty of translating the dance into something entertaining and fun on a video game console. Most of these attempts have had low to average success.
- Break Dance was an 8-bit computer game by Epyx released in 1984, at the height of breaking's popularity.
- B-boy is a 2006 console game released for PS2 and PSP which aims at an unadulterated depiction of breaking.
- Bust A Groove is a video game franchise whose character "Heat" specializes in breaking.
- Pump It Up is a Korean game that requires physical movement of the feet. The game involves b-boying and people can accomplish this feat by memorizing the steps and creating dance moves to hit the arrows on time.
- Breakdance Champion Red Bull BC One is an iOS and Android rhythm game that focuses on the actual b-boying competition Red Bull BC One.
Other articles related to "video gaming, gaming, video":
... termed "deathmatches", and the game was responsible for the word's subsequent entry into the video gaming lexicon ... shooter ever made it was highly influential not only on subsequent shooter games but on video gaming in general, and has been available on almost every video gaming system since ... Multiplayer gaming, which is now integral to the first-person shooter genre, was first achieved successfully on a large scale with Doom ...
... Gamer Podcast (The Red Show) Presentation Hosting Doc, Dave, Lono Genre Video gaming Language English Updates Wednesdays Length 30-40 minutes Production Production Dave Publication Debut June ... the 30 minute show, the hosts discussed and argued about recent video gaming news in an entertaining and friendly way ...
... Number Generator An electronic number selection device approved by gaming authorities “Hand Cage” A spinning metal ball cage which rolls the numbers into a slot where they ... as the spot (number) selections light either on an electronic keno board or on a video monitor ... Tickets played for 21 races or more typically offer one year for collection in most major gaming jurisdictions ...
Famous quotes containing the words gaming and/or video:
“Sir, I do not call a gamester a dishonest man; but I call him an unsocial man, an unprofitable man. Gaming is a mode of transferring property without producing any intermediate good.”
—Samuel Johnson (17091784)
“I recently learned something quite interesting about video games. Many young people have developed incredible hand, eye, and brain coordination in playing these games. The air force believes these kids will be our outstanding pilots should they fly our jets.”
—Ronald Reagan (b. 1911)