- Museum of Art The collection's focus is central and eastern European avant garde art, German expressionism, surrealism and outsider art. Kortumstraße 147, Bochum
- Ruhr University art collection Modern art meets the classical. Marble and bronze portraits of Greek and Roman emperors, collection of antique Greek vases from the 9th to 4th century, B.C. Universitätsstraße 150, Bochum
- Schlieker House In the former apartment and studio of German painter Hans-Jürgen Schlieker (1924–2004); changing exhibitions. Hours: Wed. & Sun. 3:00 - 6:00 pm. Paracelsusweg 16, 44801 Bochum
- Situation Kunst (Situation Art) Located at "Haus Weitmar" park. Indoor permanent exhibition with works by Gianni Colombo, Dan Flavin, Gotthard Graupner, Norbert Kricke, Lee Ufan, François Morellet, Maria Nordman, David Rabinowitch, Arnulf Rainer, Dirk Reinartz, Ad Reinhardt, Robert Ryman, Richard Serra, Jan J. Schoonhoven; also the Africa and Asia Room. Hours: Wed 2:00-6:00 pm, Fri 2:00-6:00 pm, Sat 12:00-6:00 pm, Sun 12:00-6:00 pm. Nevelstraße 29c, 44795 Bochum. Tel.: +49 (0)234-298-8901, Fax: +49 (0)234-298-8902
- Musical Instrument Collection, Hans and Hede Grumbt. Large collection of musical instruments, also the clarinet collection of Johan van Kalker. An der Kemnade 10, 45527 Hattingen, Tel.: +49 (0)2324-302-68
- Ostasiatika Collection Ehrich. Kurt Ehrich's east Asian collection of Japanese netsuke, belt buckles, a display of the seven "lucky gods" and other additional objects. An der Kemnade 10, 45527 Hattingen, Tel: (0)2324-302-68
Other articles related to "art, art galleries, arts, galleries":
... In the last two decades, the art scene in Memphis has exploded ... Art galleries were first established at Overton Square but have moved farther east ... The independent art scene has had some success on South Main, on the trolley line in downtown Memphis ...
... Drexel maintains several art galleries on its main campus ... Drexel, who collected many types of art ... connected to Nesbitt Hall (the building for the College of Media Arts and Design) in which art exhibitions are frequently held ...
... museum, and the third-tier of minor galleries which include artist-run galleries, retail galleries, and artist's co-operatives ... Commercial galleries are for-profit, privately owned businesses dealing in artworks by contemporary artists ... Galleries run for the public good by cities, churches, art collectives, not-for-profit organizations, and local or national governments are usually termed Non-Pro ...
... Irish Arts Centre, New York Centre Culturel Irlandais, Paris. ...
... Naam Art Gallery The Naam Art Gallery is located at Sidhbari ... The permanent exhibition in Naam Art Gallery shows paintings by Elsbeth Buschmann - water colours and acrylics - and oil paintings by Alfred W Hallett ... The display of his paintings in Naam Art Gallery is a tribute to him ...
Famous quotes containing the words galleries and/or art:
“I have got enough of the old masters! Brown says he has shook them, and I think I will shake them, too. You wander through a mile of picture galleries and stare stupidly at ghastly old nightmares done in lampblack and lightning, and listen to the ecstatic encomiums of the guides, and try to get up some enthusiasm, but it wont come.”
—Mark Twain [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] (18351910)
“The Hacker Ethic: Access to computersand anything which might teach you something about the way the world worksshould be unlimited and total.
Always yield to the Hands-On Imperative!
All information should be free.
Mistrust authoritypromote decentralization.
Hackers should be judged by their hacking, not bogus criteria such as degrees, age, race, or position.
You can create art and beauty on a computer.
Computers can change your life for the better.”
—Steven Levy, U.S. writer. Hackers, ch. 2, The Hacker Ethic, pp. 27-33, Anchor Press, Doubleday (1984)