- Berhampur University, Bhanja Bihar – The Berhampur University came into existence on 2 January 1967, being inaugurated by Dr. A. N. Khosla, the then Governor of Orissa and the first Chancellor of the University. The University was later shifted to the present site known as Bhanja Bihar, named after the celebrated poet of Orissa, Kabisamrat Upendra Bhanja. Spreading over an area of 250 acres (1.0 km2) the university is twelve kilometres and five kilometres away from the Berhampur City and sea beach of Gopalpur respectively.
- Khallikote Autonomous College- Proposed to be converted to an Unitary University
- Berhampur University Higher secondary School- Intermediate in Science & Arts, Berhampur University
- M.A.V School (Matrusri Anglo Vedic School), Berhampur- It is an English medium and was founded in the late 1960s. It is affiliated to ICSE board. They have classes from pre-nursery till 10th standard. The school is located near Nehru Park, close to the city railway station.
- St. Vincents Convent School, K. K. College square (founded in January 1954 and is one of the oldest I.C.S.E. schools in Orissa)
- Cambridge Junior College– For +2 Science Day-cum-Residential programme
- Great India Institute of Technology(GIIT), Aska Road, Berhampur
- Science College, Hinjilicut
- Binayak Acharya College
- D.A.V Public School, Berhampur- Senior Secondary (Std. XII), CBSE affiliated school
- Army Public School, Gopalpur - Senior Secondary (Std. XII), CBSE affiliated school
- Saraswati Sishu Vidya Mandir, NK Nagar, Brahmapur – (LKG to +2 Stream) - Orissa State Board
- De Paul School, Engineering school road, Brahmapur (LKG to +2 Sc.)- ICSE Board
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, Berhampur- A CBSE affiliated Senior Secondary school. Classes up to std. XII in Science and Arts stream
- Supriya Junior College
- SBR Women's College (Autonomous), Berhampur
- K.D. Science College, Pochilima, Hinjilicut
- Takshashila Resd School, Ankuspur (LKG to +2 Stream)- CBSE Board
Other articles related to "general education, education":
... Besides regular German schools and kindergarten, an International School of Hamburg and a French school exist ... Both offer an education in the respective language from kindergarten to secondary school ...
... elementary school (at age 14) students are directed to one of three types of upper secondary education one academic track (gymnasium) and two vocational tracks ... schools (szakközépiskola) provide four years of general education and also prepare students for the maturata ... These schools combine general education with some specific subjects, referred to as pre-vocational education and career orientation ...
... In 1981 education consumed 20 percent of the state budget, and by 27 ... percent (511,200) of the country's population was enrolled in educational institutions from primary through university levels ... The education system, based on the Soviet model, had eight years of compulsory education and a ten-year school system, enrolling students between the ages of seven and seventeen ... The first four years were primary education the second four, were secondary ...
... at Harvard and he was retained at that institution as a faculty member teaching philosophy and general education ... Rhinelander the Director of General Education, and, also, the Chairman of the Committee on General Education ... on University Policy, the Committee on Student Affairs, the Committee Undergraduate Education, and the Inter-Fraternity Board ...
... of age, they are offered a variety of opportunities for further education ... It is possible to continue one’s education in general education schools and centres for adults, by taking various courses or just using the Internet, reading books, or ... Adults can obtain primary, basic or secondary education in adult schools, education centres, and general education schools with forms established for adults ...
Famous quotes containing the words education and/or general:
“Major [William] McKinley visited me. He is on a stumping tour.... I criticized the bloody-shirt course of the canvass. It seems to me to be bad politics, and of no use.... It is a stale issue. An increasing number of people are interested in good relations with the South.... Two ways are open to succeed in the South: 1. A division of the white voters. 2. Education of the ignorant. Bloody-shirt utterances prevent division.”
—Rutherford Birchard Hayes (18221893)
“Even more important than the discovery of Columbus, which we are gathered together to celebrate, is the fact that the general government has just discovered women.”
—Bertha Honore Potter Palmer (18491918)