Avče is a settlement on the left bank of the river Soča in the Kanal Municipality in the Littoral region of Slovenia.
The Parish Church in the settlement is dedicated to Saint Martin and belongs to the Diocese of Koper. A second church built above the village in the Nadavče area is dedicated to Our Lady of the Snows. It was built around 1515 and contains frescos painted by Jernej of Loka.
On 31 March 1908, the first confirmed meteorite in the area of the modern Slovenia fell near the village of Avče. Its name is Avce. It weighs 1,230 g and is a hexahedrite, composed primarily of iron. It is kept in the Vienna Natural History Museum.
Avče is also the location where the Avče Pumped Storage Plant is being built. It will be the first pumped storage hydroelectric power plant in Slovenia.
Other related articles:
... The real name for the qualification is Applied GCE or as an example "GCE A Level in Applied ICT" ... The course is available in many schools and further education colleges and comes as three different forms - AS GCE, AGCE Single Award and AGCE Double Award ...