- CAN-BUS is used for the OBD systems, as required by EU Regulations.
- Aerotwin wiper
- Aluminium trim pack becomes standard equipment in the UK
- Diesel-engined A2s after May 2002 no longer have a pre-heater run by diesel, but a powerful internal electrical heating element.
- May 2002: Use of the 42l petrol tank in all non 3l versions. 3l available with 21l standard tank or 34l tank, allowing a theoretical 1100 km range.
- June 2002: 1.6 FSI engine introduced with the larger (42l) petrol tank and re-modelled rear spoiler (higher position, larger size to increase high speed stability). Non S-line FSI's featured re-tuned softer suspension tuning due to many complaints over the harsh ride of other models
- The first color.storms (in 'Misano' red, 'Imola' yellow and 'Sprint' blue) became available. These brought colours which had only previously been available on S and RS models or as an Audi Exclusive option to the standard colour chart.
- Diesel engines used after September 2003, engine code BHC, fulfil the requirements for Euro4 exhaust emissions, again as a result of legislation.
- Spare tire and tyre repair kit delete becomes a paid-for optional extra in the UK
Main Site Subjects