- Provides up-to-date logistical information on a map-based display.
- Provides for electronic messaging and data exchange with the Army Battle Command System (ABCS) and Movement Tracking System (MTS).
- ABCS 6.4 allows for a System of Systems (SoS) concept. Ultimately, the SoS will essentially provide the soldiers with the same type of service that the Internet provides to civilians. In the commercial environment, customers can access the Internet from separate computers without even knowing the location of the network they are attached to. In the future, US soldiers will have a similar capability when using ABCS.
- ABCS 6.4 is an integrated set of systems that will allow a commander to see multiple systems on one screen and seamlessly pass data from one program to the next.
- High levels of integration allow soldiers to more efficiently exploit the tactical network.
Read more about this topic: Army Battle Command System
Other articles related to "advantages":
... The main advantages of using a superheater are reduced fuel and water consumption but there is a price to pay in increased maintenance costs ... In locomotives used for mineral traffic the advantages seem to have been marginal ...
... reuse as a sustainable avenue in the development of key sites, there are many advantages to using certain sites for redevelopment ... Some of these advantages include the site’s location in many cases, historical sites are often located in the centers of large cities due to the spatial development of a given area, these buildings ...
... A major advantage of C4 is that it can easily be molded into any desired shape ... C4 can be pressed into gaps, cracks, holes and voids in buildings, bridges, equipment or machinery ...
Famous quotes containing the word advantages:
“When the manipulations of childhood are a little larceny, they may grow and change with the child into qualities useful and admire in the grown-up world. When they are the futile struggle for love and concern and protection, they may become the warped and ruthless machinations of adults who seek in the advantages of power what they could never win as children.”
—Leontine Young (20th century)
“... there are no chains so galling as the chains of ignoranceno fetters so binding as those that bind the soul, and exclude it from the vast field of useful and scientific knowledge. O, had I received the advantages of early education, my ideas would, ere now, have expanded far and wide; but, alas! I possess nothing but moral capabilityno teachings but the teachings of the Holy Spirit.”
—Maria Stewart (18031879)
“There is no one thoroughly despicable. We cannot descend much lower than an idiot; and an idiot has some advantages over a wise man.”
—William Hazlitt (17781830)