Other Minor Characters
- Willie Johnson (Nigel Thatch) - Charismatic neighborhood agitator in North Philadelphia who played a major role in instigating the Philadelphia 1964 race riot.
- Rebecca Sandstrom (Virginia Madsen) - Helen's friend from a book club. Her character was dropped after the first season.
- Nancy (Alicia Coppola) - After meeting Helen while working at the same travel agency, she became one of Helen's confidantes. Nancy dated and then became engaged to Pete Pryor, only to be left standing at the altar.
- Donald Norville (Hank Stratton) - Helen's colleague at the travel agency. He is later fired for being a homosexual.
- Father Conti (Steve Ryan) - The Pryor family's strict Catholic priest who also serves as the headmaster of East Catholic high school.
- Mr. and Mrs. George Mason (James Read and Barbara Alyn Woods) - Beth's well-to-do parents. Estranged from Beth after she became pregnant with JJ Pryor's child, although some reconciliation was attempted in the show's third season.
- Mr. Greenwood (Art Garfunkel) - The bohemian owner of the Vinyl Crocodile record store. Appeared sporadically during the first season; in the third season he is said to have gone "on a worldwide tour with his friend", an allusion to Art Garfunkel's singing partnership with Paul Simon.
- Shelly Pierce (Daphne Zuniga), a single mom who works at a nearby Playboy Club and the Pryors' next door neighbor (starting at the beginning of Season 3).
- Murray (Murray Rubenstein) - Barber shop owner whose business is next to Pryor's TV and Radio. A frequent visitor to the store, though he rarely buys anything.
- Audrey (Caitlin Greer)—University of Pennsylvania student who befriends Meg and Sam
Other articles related to "minor, other minor characters":
... Minor planets navigator 198 Ampella 199 Byblis 200 Dynamene Small Solar System bodies Minor planets Designation Groups Moons Meanings of names Pronunciation of names ...
... Willie Johnson (Nigel Thatch) - Charismatic neighborhood agitator in North Philadelphia who played a major role in instigating the Philadelphia 1964 race riot ... Rebecca Sandstrom (Virginia Madsen) - Helen's friend from a book club ...
... In modern Western tonal music theory a minor second is the interval between two notes on adjacent staff positions, or having adjacent note letters, whose alterations ... The 1615 just minor second arises in the C major scale between B C and E F, and is, "the sharpest dissonance found in the scale." Play B C ...
... There were 456 households out of which 26.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 65.1% were married couples living together, 7.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 25.4% were non-families. 23.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 13.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older ...
Famous quotes containing the words characters and/or minor:
“Unresolved dissonances between the characters and dispositions of the parents continue to reverberate in the nature of the child and make up the history of its inner sufferings.”
—Friedrich Nietzsche (18441900)
“A child who fears excessive retaliation for even minor offenses will learn very early on that to lie is to protect himself.... If your child intuits that you will react very punitively to his wrongdoing, he may be tempted to lie and may become, as time goes on, a habitual liar.”
—Lawrence Balter (20th century)