- Best Female Country Vocal Performance
- Faith Hill for "Cry"
- Best Male Country Vocal Performance
- Johnny Cash for "Give My Love to Rose"
- Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal
- Dixie Chicks for "Long Time Gone"
- Best Country Collaboration with Vocals
- Willie Nelson & Lee Ann Womack for "Mendocino County Line"
- Best Country Instrumental Performance
- Dixie Chicks for "Lil' Jack Slade"
- Best Country Song
- Alan Jackson (songwriter) for "Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning)"
- Best Country Album
- Lloyd Maines (producer), Gary Paczosa (engineer/mixer) & the Dixie Chicks (producers & artists) for Home
- Best Bluegrass Album
- David Castle (engineer/mixer), the Clinch Mountain Boys, Jim Lauderdale (producers & artists) & Ralph Stanley for Lost in the Lonesome Pines
Other articles related to "country":
... Mongolia i/mɒŋˈɡoʊliə/ (Mongolian Монгол улс, literally Mongol country/state) is a landlocked country in East and Central Asia ... The country came under strong Russian and Soviet influence in 1924, the Mongolian People's Republic was declared, and Mongolian politics began to follow the same ... the 19th largest and the most sparsely populated independent country in the world, with a population of around 2.75 million people ...
... Skaters may represent a country of which they are not yet a citizen in most competitions, except the Olympics which require citizenship ... Each country may send one to a maximum of three entries per event, thus, even if a skater has a high season's best, he or she may not be sent to major events if their ... Some skaters have tried to circumvent this by switching to another country ...
... of the Jews in Malaysia Although Malaysia presently has no Jewish population, the country has reportedly become an example of a phenomenon called “Anti-Semitism without Jews ... pro-Jewish people will have their best opportunity to interfere in any Islamic country," the newspaper said ... as demonstrations will cause us to help foreign groups succeed in their mission of controlling this country." Prime Minister Najib Razak's office ...
... See also List of sovereign states The term "country" is commonly used to refer to sovereign states ... sovereign states on lists of countries, and may be treated as a "country of origin" in international trade, as Hong Kong is ...
Famous quotes containing the word country:
“I have drunk ale from the Country of the Young
And weep because I know all things now:
I have been a hazel-tree, and they hung
The Pilot Star and the Crooked Plough
Among my leaves in times out of mind....”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)
“The country needs and, unless I mistake its temper, the country demands bold, persistent experimentation. It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something. The millions who are in want will not stand idly by silently forever while the things to satisfy their needs are within easy reach.”
—Franklin D. Roosevelt (18821945)
“If there is any country on earth where the course of true love may be expected to run smooth, it is America.”
—Harriet Martineau (18021876)