Yuen Long Stadium

Yuen Long Stadium is a football stadium at 6 Tai Yuk Road, Yuen Long, New Territories, Hong Kong. It was originally just some empty land besides Shui Bin Village. Then Yuen Long District Sports Association decided to build a stadium at the site and received support from the locals. The contract was open for bidding and Yuen Long Cheong Kee won the contract for HK$198,000 in 1965.

The stadium opened in 1969 with a football game between Yuen Long and Fire Services. On the same day, a marathon sponsored by Tin Tin Daily was held.

In 1983, the Royal Hong Kong Jockey Club provided HK$12 million for an expansion. A new 2,000 capacity covered grandstand, 8 lane all weather runway and relaying the grass of the entire pitch were added to the stadium.

In recent years, it is transferred to and operated by the Leisure and Culture Services Department of Hong Kong. The stadium has a capacity of 5,000.

Read more about Yuen Long Stadium:  Facilities, Hong Kong First Division League, Gallery, Transport

Other articles related to "yuen long stadium, stadium":

TSW Pegasus FC - Stadium
... TSW Pegasus has applied to the Hong Kong Football Association for the use of Yuen Long Stadium and Tin Shui Wai Sports Ground for its home matches ... it will grant the application provided the grass turf at the stadium is up to standard after its examination ... Lately, the HKFA have accepted the application of having the Yuen Long Stadium as TSW Pegasus' home ground for the game against South China on 5 ...

Famous quotes containing the words stadium and/or long:

    The final upshot of thinking is the exercise of volition, and of this thought no longer forms a part; but belief is only a stadium of mental action, an effect upon our nature due to thought, which will influence future thinking.
    Charles Sanders Peirce (1839–1914)

    And I have seen dust from the walls of institutions,
    Finer than flour, alive, more dangerous than silica,
    Sift, almost invisible, through long afternoons of tedium,
    Theodore Roethke (1908–1963)