More definitions of "remove":
- (verb): Remove something concrete, as by lifting, pushing, taking off, etc. or remove something abstract.
Example: "Remove a threat"; "remove a wrapper"; "Remove the dirty dishes from the table"
Synonyms: take, take away, withdraw
- (verb): Get rid of something abstract.
Synonyms: take away
- (verb): Kill intentionally and with premeditation.
Synonyms: murder, slay, hit, dispatch, bump off, polish off
- (verb): Remove from a position or an office.
- (verb): Shift the position or location of, as for business, legal, educational, or military purposes.
Example: "Remove the troops to the forest surrounding the city"; "remove a case to another court"
- (verb): Dispose of.
Synonyms: get rid of
- (verb): Go away or leave.