Some articles on dead:
... 霞, meaning "mist") is a player character and the lead protagonist in the Dead or Alive fighting game series by Team Ninja and Tecmo (Tecmo Koei) ... She is also portrayed by Devon Aoki as one of the main characters in the film DOA Dead or Alive ... Kasumi has served as the main character of the Dead or Alive franchise since its premiere in 1996 and was the official protagonist in the first two main games in the series ...
... Dead Prez, stylized as dead prez, is a hip hop duo from the United States, composed of stic.man and M-1, formed in 1996 in New York City ...
... Malagan is also an art where the dead are remembered through the various depictions that are carved on Malagan masks ... The Malagan masks have a symbolic meaning as the dead must be remembered through the masks and ceremonies ... They are the practical means of capturing the spirits of recent dead relatives or clan members ...
... up the mountains in their search for dead animals ... On the Tibetan Plateau 64% of their diet is obtained from dead domestic yak ... They feed on old carcasses sometimes waiting a couple of days near a dead animal ...
... Kaiyodo, Max Factory, Kotobukiya, and Takara, as well as one bundled with a special edition of Dead or Alive Paradise for the PlayStation Portable. 3D breasts" mousepad and a similar mug, trading cards, a Dead or Alive 5 arcade stick by Hori decorated with a graphic of Ayane and Kasumi (available in two versions for either the PlayStation 3 or ... digital clock application Bijin Tokei and a Dead or Alive talking clock, which was bundled with a figure of either her or Ayane ...
More definitions of "dead":
- (noun): People who are no longer living.
Example: "They buried the dead"
- (adj): No longer having force or relevance.
Example: "A dead issue"
- (adj): Devoid of physical sensation; numb.
Example: "His gums were dead from the novocain"
- (adj): Sudden and complete.
Example: "Came to a dead stop"
- (adj): Lacking animation or excitement or activity.
Example: "The party being dead we left early"
- (adj): Devoid of activity.
Example: "This is a dead town; nothing ever happens here"
- (adj): Not showing characteristics of life especially the capacity to sustain life; no longer exerting force or having energy or heat.
Example: "Mars is a dead planet"; "a dead battery"; "dead soil"; "dead coals"; "the fire is dead"
- (adj): Lacking acoustic resonance.
Example: "Dead sounds characteristic of some compact discs"; "the dead wall surfaces of a recording studio"
- (adj): No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
Example: "The nerve is dead"; "a dead pallor"; "he was marked as a dead man by the assassin"
- (adj): Lacking resilience or bounce.
Example: "A dead tennis ball"
- (adj): Not circulating or flowing.
Example: "Dead air"; "dead water"
- (adj): Physically inactive.
Example: "Crater Lake is in the crater of a dead volcano of the Cascade Range"
- (noun): A time when coldness (or some other quality associated with death) is intense.
Example: "The dead of winter"
- (adj): Unerringly accurate.
Example: "A dead shot"; "took dead aim"
- (adj): (followed by 'to') not showing human feeling or sensitivity; unresponsive.
Example: "Passersby were dead to our plea for help"
- (adj): Out of use or operation because of a fault or breakdown.
Example: "A dead telephone line"; "the motor is dead"
- (adj): Total.
Example: "Dead silence"
- (adj): No longer in force or use; inactive.
- (adj): Not surviving in active use.
Example: "Latin is a dead language"
- (adj): Not yielding a return.
Example: "Dead capital"
- (adj): Drained of electric charge; discharged.
Example: "A dead battery"
Famous quotes containing the word dead:
“Wild Bill was indulging in his favorite pastime of a friendly game of cards in the old No. 10 saloon. For the second time in his career, he was sitting with his back to an open door. Jack McCall walked in, shot him through the back of the head, and rushed from the place, only to be captured shortly afterward. Wild Bills dead hand held aces and eights, and from that time on this has been known in the West as the dead mans hand.”
—State of South Dakota, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)
“For us in Russia, communism is a dead dog, while, for many people in the West, it is still a living lion.”
—Alexander Solzhenitsyn (b. 1918)
“This is not Johnsons war. This is Americas war. If I drop dead tomorrow, this war will still be with you.”
—Lyndon Baines Johnson (19081973)