Here are some complicated examples of WGA-approved exceptions to writer-only credit.
- The Rock (1996):
- Story by David Weisberg & Douglas S. Cook
- Screenplay by David Weisberg & Douglas S. Cook and Mark Rosner
- Armageddon (1998):
- Story by Robert Roy Pool and Jonathan Hensleigh
- Adaptation by Tony Gilroy and Shane Salerno
- Screenplay by Jonathan Hensleigh and J. J. Abrams
- Scary Movie 4 (2006)—the original Scary Movie was based on a combination of two scripts, causing its sequels to have increasingly complicated writing credits.
- Screenplay by Craig Mazin & Jim Abrahams & Pat Proft
- Story by Craig Mazin
- Based on characters created by Shawn Wayans & Marlon Wayans & Buddy Johnson & Phil Beauman and Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer
- The Heartbreak Kid (2007)—a remake of the 1972 film of the same name, which was based on a short story
- Based on the screenplay by Neil Simon
- Based on the short story "A Change of Plan" by Bruce Jay Friedman
- Screenplay by Scot Armstrong and Leslie Dixon and Bobby Farrelly & Peter Farrelly & Kevin Barnett
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)—the fourth film in the series based on the theme park ride; the plot of this film was taken from a novel
- Suggested by the novel by Tim Powers
- Based on Walt Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean
- Based on characters created by Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio and Stuart Beattie and Jay Wolpert
- Screen story and screenplay by Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio
Read more about this topic: WGA Screenwriting Credit System
Other articles related to "examples":
... Examples include the British Daring class, US Forrest Sherman-class, and the Soviet Kotlin-class destroyers ... Examples include the US FRAM I programme and the British Type 15 frigates converted from fleet destroyers ... Examples include the Soviet Kashin-class, the British County class, and the American Charles F ...
... though /oʊ/ as in toe (other examples dough) tough /ʌf/ as in cuff (other examples rough, enough) cough /ɒf/ as in off (other examples Gough (name, some pronunciations)) hiccough (a now uncommon variant of ...
... Tatira has given a number of examples of proverbs used in advertising in Zimbabwe ... However, unlike the examples given above in English, all of which are anti-proverbs, Tatira's examples are standard proverbs ... customer smile, in one of the Zimbabwean examples "both the content of the proverb and the fact that it is phrased as a proverb secure the idea of a secure ...
Famous quotes containing the word examples:
“There are many examples of women that have excelled in learning, and even in war, but this is no reason we should bring em all up to Latin and Greek or else military discipline, instead of needle-work and housewifry.”
—Bernard Mandeville (16701733)
“No rules exist, and examples are simply life-savers answering the appeals of rules making vain attempts to exist.”
—André Breton (18961966)
“It is hardly to be believed how spiritual reflections when mixed with a little physics can hold peoples attention and give them a livelier idea of God than do the often ill-applied examples of his wrath.”
—G.C. (Georg Christoph)