Victory Square may refer to several places.
- Victory Square, Warsaw, Poland, the name of Pilsudski Square during the Communist era
- Victory Square, Vancouver, Canada
- Victory Square, Bucharest, Romania
- Victory Square, Bordeaux, France (French: Place de la Victoire)
- Victories Square (Paris), France (French: Place des Victoires)
- Victory Square (Russian: Ploshchad Pobedy) is a common name for central and representative squares in many cities of the former Soviet Union and refers to the Soviet Union victory on the Eastern Front in the 'Great Patriotic War' (see Great Patriotic War (term)).
- Victory Square, Moscow, Russia
- Victory Square, Minsk, Belarus
- Victory Square, Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Victory Square, Kaliningrad, Russia
Other articles related to "victory square, square":
... idea was for the war memorial to be placed in a public square, which would face municipal buildings on the north side and be balanced with public buildings on the south side ... Victory Square, a large area in the center of town, was established for that purpose ...
Famous quotes containing the words square and/or victory:
“If magistrates had true justice, and if physicians had the true art of healing, they would have no occasion for square caps; the majesty of these sciences would of itself be venerable enough. But having only imaginary knowledge, they must employ those silly tools that strike the imagination with which they have to deal; and thereby, in fact, they inspire respect.”
—Blaise Pascal (16231662)
“A victory is twice itself when the achiever brings home full numbers.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)