Five ships of the United States Navy have been named Augusta, the first four after the city of Augusta, Georgia, and the fifth after Augusta, Maine.
- The USS Augusta (1799), was a 14-gun brig in use from 1799 to 1801.
- The USS Augusta (1853), was built in 1853, purchased by the Navy in 1861 and sold in 1868.
- The USS Augusta (SP-946), was a wooden-hulled steam yacht, acquired by the Navy in 1917 and returned to her original owner in 1918.
- The USS Augusta (CA-31), was in service from 1931 to 1946.
- The USS Augusta (SSN-710), was a Los Angeles-class nuclear attack submarine, commissioned in 1985 and decommissioned in 2008.
Read more about USS Augusta: Source