Past Standings and Their Performance On The US Open
Note: Only players with points in two US Open Series events are eligible for the final (Top 3) standings.
|US Open results|
|A||did not participate in the tournament||#R||lost in the early rounds of the tournament|
|QF||advanced to but not past the quarterfinals||SF||advanced to but not past the semifinals|
|F||advanced to the finals, tournament runner-up||W||won the tournament|
|Year||Player (ATP Tour)||Points||Result||Player (WTA Tour)||Points||Result|
|2004||1. Lleyton Hewitt1||155||F||1. Lindsay Davenport1||100||SF|
|2. Andy Roddick||155||QF||2. Amélie Mauresmo||100||QF|
|3. Andre Agassi||123||QF||3. Elena Likhovtseva||70||1R|
|2005||1. Andy Roddick||120||1R||1. Kim Clijsters||225||W|
|2. Andre Agassi||105||F||2. Mary Pierce||100||F|
|3. Rafael Nadal2||100||3R||3. Amélie Mauresmo||80||QF|
|2006||1. Andy Roddick||147||F||1. Ana Ivanović||127||3R|
|2. Fernando González||124||3R||2. Maria Sharapova||122||W|
|3. Andy Murray||105||4R||3. Kim Clijsters||120||A|
|2007||1. Roger Federer||170||W||1. Maria Sharapova||122||3R|
|2. James Blake||167||4R||2. Jelena Janković||107||QF|
|3. Andy Roddick||112||QF||3. Patty Schnyder3||97||3R|
|2008||1. Rafael Nadal4||145||SF||1. Dinara Safina||170||SF|
|2. Andy Murray||145||F||2. Marion Bartoli||90||4R|
|3. Juan Martín del Potro||140||QF||3. Dominika Cibulková||85||3R|
|2009||1. Sam Querrey||175||3R||1. Elena Dementieva||170||2R|
|2. Andy Murray||145||4R||2. Flavia Pennetta5||140||QF|
|3. Juan Martín del Potro||140||W||3. Jelena Janković||140||2R|
|2010||1. Andy Murray6||170||3R||1. Caroline Wozniacki||185||SF|
|2. Roger Federer||170||SF||2. Kim Clijsters||125||W|
|3. Mardy Fish||140||4R||3. Svetlana Kuznetsova7||115||4R|
|2011||1. Mardy Fish||230||4R||1. Serena Williams||170||F|
|2. Novak Djokovic||170||W||2. Agnieszka Radwańska8||130||2R|
|3. John Isner||140||QF||3. Maria Sharapova||130||3R|
|2012||1. Novak Djokovic||170||F||1. Petra Kvitová||215||4R|
|2. John Isner||140||3R||2. Li Na||170||3R|
|3. Sam Querrey||135||3R||3. Dominika Cibulková||100||3R|
- 1 - Hewit and Davenport finished first in 2004 final standings based on more match wins in US Open Series events.
- 2 - Nadal finished third in 2005 (over Roger Federer) based on more match wins in US Open Series events.
- 3 - Schnyder was placed third in 2007 because Justine Henin (who had more points - 100 for winning Toronto) only played one tournament and was therefore not eligible for the top three positions.
- 4 - Nadal won the 2008 series ahead of Murray because Nadal defeated Murray in Toronto, Canada.
- 5 - Pennetta finished second in the 2009 final standings based on more match wins in US Open Series events.
- 6 - Murray won the 2010 series ahead of Federer because Murray defeated Federer in Toronto.
- 7 - Kuznetsova finished third in 2010 (over Victoria Azarenka and Maria Sharapova) based on more games won in US Open Series events (all three won 9 matches and 19 sets).
- 8 - Radwańska finished second in the 2011 final standings based on more match wins in US Open Series events.
Read more about this topic: US Open Series
Famous quotes containing the words open and/or performance:
“What we know, is a point to what we do not know. Open any recent journal of science, and weigh the problems suggested concerning Light, Heat, Electricity, Magnetism, Physiology, Geology, and judge whether the interest of natural science is likely to be soon exhausted.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“The audience is the most revered member of the theater. Without an audience there is no theater. Every technique learned by the actor, every curtain, every flat on the stage, every careful analysis by the director, every coordinated scene, is for the enjoyment of the audience. They are our guests, our evaluators, and the last spoke in the wheel which can then begin to roll. They make the performance meaningful.”
—Viola Spolin (b. 1911)