- Jerry Azumah (1999), former professional football player, Chicago Bears, 1998 Walter Payton Award winner
- David Ball (2007), former professional Canadian football player for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Broke the Division I-AA record for touchdown receptions that was previously held by Jerry Rice.
- Corey Graham (2007), professional football player, Chicago Bears
- Chip Kelly (1990), head football coach for the University of Oregon
- Dan Kreider, (1999), professional football player, Pittsburgh Steelers, 2006 Super Bowl champion
- George O'Leary (1968), head football coach for the University of Central Florida
- Kamau Peterson (2000), professional football player Canadian Football Calgary Stampeders, Winnipeg Blue Bombers, Edmonton Eskimos (current)
Other articles related to "football":
... is a type of kick in various codes of football ... Association football goalkeepers also often return the ball to play with drop kicks ... The kick was once in wide use in both Australian rules football and gridiron football, but is today rarely seen in either sport ...
... After receiving a pair of football boots, Ibrahimović began playing football at the age of six, alternating between local junior clubs Malmö BI and FBK Balkan ... Ibrahimović was close to quitting his football career, in favour of working at the docks in Malmö, but his manager convinced him to continue playing ... soon dropped out of high school to focus on his football career ...
... match between Arsenal's first team and the reserves was the first football match in the world to be televised live ... teams in the country, Arsenal have often featured when football is depicted in the arts in Britain ... They formed the backdrop to one of the earliest football-related films, The Arsenal Stadium Mystery (1939) ...
... Arsenal Football Club is an English Premier League football club based in Holloway, London ... One of the most successful clubs in English football, it has won 13 First Division and Premier League titles and 10 FA Cups ... became the first club from the south of England to join the Football League ...
... Gaelic football was first codified in 1887, although it has links to older varieties of football played in Ireland and known collectively as caid ... the name caid is used by some people to refer to present day Gaelic football ... The first record of any form of football being played in Ireland comes from 1308, when John McCrocan, a spectator at a football game at Newcastle, County Dublin was charged with accidentally ...
Famous quotes containing the word football:
“You cant be a Real Country unless you have A BEER and an airlineit helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a BEER.”
—Frank Zappa (19401993)
“... in the minds of search committees there is the lingering question: Can she manage the football coach?”
—Donna E. Shalala (b. 1941)
“People stress the violence. Thats the smallest part of it. Football is brutal only from a distance. In the middle of it theres a calm, a tranquility. The players accept pain. Theres a sense of order even at the end of a running play with bodies stewn everywhere. When the systems interlock, theres a satisfaction to the game that cant be duplicated. Theres a harmony.”
—Don Delillo (b. 1926)