Former Colleges and Schools
Some colleges and schools of the University of London have been amalgamated into larger colleges or left the University of London. These include:
- Bedford College - Inner Circle Regent's Park; now part of Royal Holloway and Bedford New College (the registered Royal Charter title of Royal Holloway, University of London)
- Chelsea College - Manresa Road, Chelsea; now part of King's College
- Imperial College London - became independent in July 2007
- The Lister Institute of Preventive Medicine, Chelsea, London founded 1891. In 1978 became a science funding body
- Queen Elizabeth College - Campden Hill Road, Kensington; now part of King's College
- The School of Pharmacy, University of London; merged with UCL on 1 January 2012
- Westfield College - Kidderpore Avenue, Hampstead; now part of Queen Mary and Westfield College (the registered Royal Charter title of Queen Mary, University of London)
- Wye College - Wye, Kent; Wye courses are now run by the University of Kent in partnership with Imperial College London, and graduating students receive a University of Kent degree and an Imperial Associateship of Wye College
- Royal Postgraduate Medical School; now part of the Imperial College School of Medicine
- St Thomas's Hospital Medical School; now part of King's College School of Medicine and Dentistry
- New College London, was closed in 1980. Despite the name the college never had any association with Royal Holloway and Bedford New College.
- School of Slavonic and East European Studies although formerly an Institute of the University of London, rather than a college, is now part of University College London
- Regent's Park College moved to Oxford in 1927, becoming a Permanent Private Hall of the University of Oxford from 1957
Other articles related to "college, school, colleges":
... AMA Computer Learning Center Christ Baptist Bible College Christ the King Technical School Criminal Justice College Datamex Institute of Computer ... Lyceum of Alabang (Formerly National College of Science Technology - Alabang) New Alabang Technical and Learning Institute Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Muntinlupa (NBP Reservation, Poblacion) Phoenix One ...
... Bramson ORT College is an undergraduate college operated by the American branch of the Jewish charity World ORT ... Touro College/NYSCAS has a branch location in Forest Hills ...
... College of Da’wa and Usul-ud-Din College of Arabic Language College of Education (in Makkah) College of Applied Sciences College of Social Sciences College of Engineering and ...
... The University of Wisconsin Colleges is a unit of the University of Wisconsin System composed of 13 local campuses and one online campus, University of Wisconsin Colleges Online ... County University of Wisconsin–Waukesha University of Wisconsin Colleges Online An Associate's Degree can be earned at any of the campuses, including ... The UW Colleges is also frequently used as a stepping stone in order to transfer to another institution in the University of Wisconsin System ...
Famous quotes containing the words schools and/or colleges:
“In schools all over the world, little boys learn that their country is the greatest in the world, and the highest honor that could befall them would be to defend it heroically someday. The fact that empathy has traditionally been conditioned out of boys facilitates their obedience to leaders who order them to kill strangers.”
—Myriam Miedzian, U.S. author. Boys Will Be Boys, ch. 3 (1991)
“The present century has not dealt kindly with the farmer. His legends are all but obsolete, and his beliefs have been pared away by the professors at colleges of agriculture. Even the farm- bred bards who twang guitars before radio microphones prefer Im Headin for the Last Roundup to Turkey in the Straw or Father Put the Cows Away.”
—For the State of Kansas, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)