Different Uses of The Term
Some U.S. states use the term "unified school district" differently. For example:
- In Connecticut, a unified school district is a statewide school district serving students under the jurisdiction of a state department:
- Unified School District #1 is under the Department of Correction.
- Unified School District #2 is under the Department of Children and Families.
- Unified School District #3 is under the Department of Developmental Services.
- In Vermont, a unified school district is a type of union school district in which "the town school districts (and school boards) are abolished and representatives from the former districts are elected to form one school board."
- In Wisconsin, a unified school district is one in which the school board has "the powers and duties of the school board and annual meeting in a common school district."
Read more about this topic: Unified School District
Famous quotes containing the word term:
“Art, if one employs this term in the broad sense that includes poetry within its realm, is an art of creation laden with ideals, located at the very core of the life of a people, defining the spiritual and moral shape of that life.”
—Ivan Sergeevich Turgenev (18181883)